Two Rivers Isle This world is only gonna break your heart
232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady was certain could she see his face, Ulrich would have a frown the size of the river in front of them. And it would just keep getting larger, but she couldn't help it. She tried to stifle it, really she did. But it just, she supposed in part it was due to the fact that she had almost lost him. The adrenaline high and all that, gotta laugh or you'll cry type of thing. 

His words fell on her ears, like leaden stones. She shifted, but before she could speak, he was up and moving away from her.

Ully! She snapped at him when he moved, his body beginning to shiver almost immediately. Suddenly, she realized they were treading in dangerous territory. And before, before his argument was sound. It really was, but who could stop them.

She was up and in his face in a moment. Bushing tail and vibrant flashing eyes. She gave him a glare, she had perfected on her siblings. One that cut you to the quick and let you bare. It was one of her best weapons.

You can't lie to me, Ully. You never have been able to.

She lifted her snout, the proud tilt of her chin. I don't care what they would say back home. We aren't back home! We are here, somewhere that isn't home, but it's going to be. And you know what. I don't care much what they would say anyway. Whose going to stop me now, hmm?

She lay her ears to her skull, a strange aching quietness in her chest. She could lay it all out on the line. She could, but would he take it. Or would he break her heart. She shook her head. Now was not the time for doubts.

You know what Ulrich! I won't find anyone better, and I won't look either. I tried you know. I entertained the nobles that my parents paraded before me, like I was some kind of offering on a buffet. And I hated every minute of it. Every single minute. I thought it's my duty. And I can't have Ully anyway. But if I can have him as my guard, it will be okay. I can bear it. But with each passing year, it was harder and harder.

She sniffed and motioned around them. And now we are here, and I could have you for me, if you'd just let me. So let me lay this out there for you, Ully. I am in love with you. I have been in love with you for years. You don't have to accept it. If you want me to let you be fine I will, but don't insult me, by telling me to find someone better. When.

She felt her throat tighten and she pressed on, her voice thick now. When as far as I am concerned you are the best, you are perfect to me in anyway. Don't answer me right now. She held up a paw and wrinkled her snout.

Just. She sighed. Stop insulting me and treating me like a child who doesn't know their own feelings.

She shivered and shook her head, and looked him over. We gotta find a place for you to get warm anyway.

She turned and scanned the horizon.
Messages In This Thread
This world is only gonna break your heart - by Ulrich - December 26, 2022, 08:07 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Adylaide - December 26, 2022, 08:20 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Ulrich - December 26, 2022, 09:00 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Adylaide - December 26, 2022, 09:07 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Ulrich - December 26, 2022, 09:31 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Adylaide - December 26, 2022, 09:40 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Ulrich - December 26, 2022, 09:49 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Adylaide - December 26, 2022, 09:54 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Ulrich - December 26, 2022, 10:03 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Adylaide - December 26, 2022, 10:09 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Ulrich - December 26, 2022, 10:25 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Adylaide - December 26, 2022, 10:31 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Ulrich - December 26, 2022, 10:41 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Adylaide - December 26, 2022, 10:54 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Ulrich - December 27, 2022, 12:55 AM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Adylaide - December 27, 2022, 05:55 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Ulrich - December 27, 2022, 06:05 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Adylaide - December 27, 2022, 06:30 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Ulrich - December 27, 2022, 06:40 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Adylaide - December 27, 2022, 06:52 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Ulrich - December 27, 2022, 07:45 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Adylaide - December 27, 2022, 07:52 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Ulrich - December 27, 2022, 08:24 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Adylaide - December 28, 2022, 09:01 AM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Ulrich - December 28, 2022, 04:52 PM
RE: This world is only gonna break your heart - by Adylaide - December 28, 2022, 06:03 PM