Cedar Sweep Take a minute
70 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He didn't know how best to fix... well, anything. But the boy was happy when New Snow agreed to settle, and he set about cleaning the closest wounds with careful links. When they were clear of debris Reki thought - of course! He could impress Ashlar with what he had learned so far. He could make a poultice and apply it to the wounds, and nobody would know New Snow had undone all that earlier work.

I'll be right back! he essentially burst, full of enthusiasm and good humor. As nervous as he was, Reki thought he was a good student with everything figured out.

He left her briefly to find some herbs. As he gathered, he noticed some of the plants made his tongue feel funny - or the sides of his mouth. There was a numbing effect Reki chose to ignore; he probably just needed to go quickly! The plants tasted wrong, or hot, or weird, that was all. Ashlar usually prepared the more complicated salves.

When he got back to New Snow, the boy had a bunch of assorted plants in between his teeth and was actively chewing. He felt very strange. Be rhh ther, he slurred.

As he began to apply the salve, Reki found his breath hitching. The paste didn't adhere very well (but in actuality, he'd swallowed more than he had meant to). The toxicity of the plants seeped in to him as he'd gathered - and now, as he tried to do the job of a medic, he was already inhibited.

I... I... He couldn't quite put to words how he felt, but, he was fading quickly.
Messages In This Thread
Take a minute - by Reki - January 19, 2023, 03:12 AM
RE: Take a minute - by New Snow - January 19, 2023, 02:27 PM
RE: Take a minute - by Reki - January 24, 2023, 06:32 PM
RE: Take a minute - by New Snow - January 25, 2023, 08:37 PM
RE: Take a minute - by Reki - January 27, 2023, 09:35 PM
RE: Take a minute - by New Snow - January 28, 2023, 06:48 PM
RE: Take a minute - by Reki - February 08, 2023, 02:26 PM
RE: Take a minute - by Ashlar - February 11, 2023, 04:56 PM
RE: Take a minute - by New Snow - February 23, 2023, 11:37 PM
RE: Take a minute - by Ashlar - March 30, 2023, 10:04 AM