Duck Lake Everyday is the start of something new
17 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Away
All Welcome 
Droplets returned to the disturbed waters below, rippling the surface, continuous beads dripping from a wet muzzle above. The yearling had slowly lifted his head away from the lakes frosty edge to peer around at the environment surrounding him, admiring its frost-caped beauty.  A faint mist formed in front of the wolf’s face, hot breath touching the cold morning air as he exhaled. Mind trailing off to thoughts of home. The places he’d visited so far had made it difficult for him to feel any guilt over leaving, if anything, such new sights had only made the timber want to press onward with what his parents would call his - aimless wanderings.

Round ears swivelled, listening to the calm whistle of the winter winds that swept through the land, droning their icy song to those who would listen. Faelan managed to lure his mind away from distracting thoughts of home and gradually decided to lift his head to sniff at the chilled air. Leathery nose twitched, nostrils flaring as he took in the scents of many travellers, both past and present. It appeared this valley was usually quite active and so Faelan shifted his weight, deciding to take his leave from the vast pool and in the direction of a cluster of tall aspen trees located toward the western edge of the terrain.

He wove silently through the pale trees for what seemed like hours, though it had only been mere minutes. Dirt covered paws treading carefully amongst the snow and twig scattered ground as he roamed. Pausing a moment, Faelan glanced up at the towering, bare branches above him, eyes squinting as the rising sun soon poked through the entangled mess to catch his curious gaze. Blinking, he turned away from the warm beaming light and continued through the woodland, occasionally scenting the air as he strolled.
[Image: R.png]
Loner
i burn down my house and build it up again
i burn it down twice just for the fun of it
95 Posts
Ooc — Van
From the mountains descended a huntress, prowling past the edges of her birthplace to explore the changes that had spawned around it. There was little new here; the valley was much the same as it always had been, disregarding the blanket of seasonal snow, but a few packs had recently sprung up in the area, drawing her attention and repelling her all at once.

River did not feel she belonged to anyone but herself, nor did she believe her place was anywhere but in the range behind her, and yet her curiosity could not be sated. She surmised that, eventually, she would need to know those who lived nearest to her chosen domain. So far, she only knew of Mahler’s family in the hollow and the canyon-dwellers (who would disband just a few days after this was set), and in passing she was aware that there was a pack in the vale and wolves residing by the creek beneath Arrow Lake.

It was the latter wolves she would seek to acquaint herself with first, but she detoured to the body of water that had been choked with ducks the last time she had seen it. They had migrated away at this time, leaving this place fairly undisturbed except for the occasional passerby…

River stopped when she noticed the other wolf: a male with a darkened spine. She watched him for a moment – noting that he was of proper form and health – before deciding to make her approach. Making a noise to draw his attention, she came nearer at an angle, measuring her steps to a slow glide as she wagged her tail slightly to denote a tentative amicability if he should show it as well.
17 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Away
Muzzle opened, and a salmon-coloured tongue curled out from wide jaws as a yawn escaped the male, damp tongue licking at his lips before returning to a closed mouth. He hadn’t slept very well at all, and the youth was certainly feeling it as he moved. 

He paused momentarily, deciding to give himself a light shake off before continuing to pad forward through the tall and towering aspen trees. As he aimlessly strolled, he remained unaware of the wandering female that also traveled through the forest.

Until a noise calling out to him broke over the sound of crunching snow and fallen twigs.  

Inked rimmed ears perked upward instantly and the young timber turned his attention toward the source of the sound, eyes landing upon a chocolate, fawn and cream painted figure. And she was approaching. Faelan stopped, allowing his bright gaze to observe the female as she came closer. He watched as she offered him a friendly wag of her tail and Faelan paused briefly but soon returned the gesture, his own feathery banner swaying gently behind him, ”Uh-um, G’morning…” He greeted in a soft tone, before dipping his muzzle politely. "I-uh, I hope one is well..." He added with a tilt of his head. Socializing had never been one of Faelan’s strongest traits, especially since he’d started travelling alone.
Loner
i burn down my house and build it up again
i burn it down twice just for the fun of it
95 Posts
Ooc — Van
Upon closer inspection, River noticed that the wolf was young – just barely out of boyhood. His stammering almost proved as much. She watched him a moment longer, releasing any tenseness in her muscles as his posture mimicked friendliness. Of course, not all wariness left her. I am well, she acquiesced with a slight bob of her muzzle. Her eyes pierced him through, carving along every black-limned line of his youthful frame with her rapier gaze. And you?

Her head tilted as she continued to unabashedly study the unassuming yearling, waiting to find something off or unacceptable about him. Are you from around here?
17 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Away
Faelan’s head remained low for a moment as he watched the woman, inked edged ears quickly pointing upward at the sound of her reply. He took note quietly. She was well, which was good. And she seemed friendly... However, he could not help but feel unnerved within her presence. Faelan felt her piercing gaze inspect him all over and it was a stare that felt as if it were searing into his very soul.

Slowly the man raised his head as she reversed the question onto him, ”I-uh.. I'm good, thank you.” Faelan replied, light eyes still carefully observing the woman in return. Though her next question threw him a bit. The young man blinked, his unkept tail swaying behind him in the cold morning breeze as he stared at her, ”N-no...” Faelan said nervously, ”I’m not.” He began, ”I-uh …came here from the far East. I travelled along the murky minnow filled river to these wilds.” Faelan explained, falling silent afterwards. He was unsure of how the woman would react and so Faelan shifted his paws uneasily, ears swivelling a top his head as he waited for her response.