Stone Circle and when I return, and I’m more than you dreamt I’d be
114 Posts
Ooc —
He loved how she listened and paid attention, and how the looks she gave him made his heart beat quicker and tongue run faster with all the words he'd ever wanted to say - and probably even more beyond them. Ooh, fairy frost is amazing! So cold, but so beautiful. It's when the trees freeze with tiny icicles all over the branches and they all look like they're covered in the fluffiest, sparkliest feathers! Or - or like the beards of little fairy men, he grinned and pulled at the air beneath his chin as though stroking some imaginary goatee, and sometimes in the morning, the ice falls through the air in tiny little specks, and when the sun catches them just right, they look like I bet magic would.

Turmeric would have stayed in the moment of story, but reality always swung alongside even the grandest of tales. And reality, of course, built the foundation of every good tale — and this one, he found, was bittersweet. He’d looked forward to seeing his friend’s reaction to watching the ocean come alive, but if Reverie was gone… well, could he wait for her? Should he? Should they?

Inkeri’s eagerness sealed a crooked smile to his face, one that warmed with a new idea. I still want to go to the ocean with you, too.
Messages In This Thread
RE: and when I return, and I’m more than you dreamt I’d be - by Turmeric - February 18, 2023, 02:17 PM