Hoshor Plains We picked up the shards and formed them into shapes of stars
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Rainchaser
Sumac allowed himself to be pulled into Easy’s warm embrace, taking comfort in her familiar scent and the warmth of her ebony pelt. For a moment, he felt as though he was back in the den, contentedly curled up for the night among the large pile of loving, slumbering forms of his pack. How he missed those nights.

There was certainty in Easy’s voice as she spoke, something that said all too clearly she’d had experience in this matter. He wanted to ask, but didn’t dare press and risk making her sad, too. If she wanted to share her past, he’d let her do it on her own terms. Lifting his head to meet her gaze with his large sunshine eyes, he managed a wavering smile.

‘Mac placed a paw on the white spot that covered the exact place where his heart thrummed beneath, “You’re right. I carry them here. I can feel them sometimes, especially when it’s really quiet. They’re running and laughing in my veins, and they can see with my eyes. Yeah…”

He trailed off for a moment, his attention returning to the glittering starscape that shone down upon the pair. Would he have another family someday? He wasn’t sure. The thought of joining another pack was scary, and besides, he was just having so much fun journeying with Easy. But there was another option - starting his own fami- NOPE!! He’d never considered it, and for some reason his mind firmly shut the door on that idea right now. Now THAT was a truly scary prospect! For now, Easy was his family.

Finally, he spoke again.

“I really missed you Easy. I admit I was worried if you were safe,” he said with a little chuckle, absent-mindedly rubbing the back of his head with a large black paw.
…Even in the darkest night
Messages In This Thread
RE: We picked up the shards and formed them into shapes of stars - by Sumac - January 15, 2024, 09:05 AM