i'll show thee the way
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
for @Mara :D

This time it had not been that the loner traveled, happened to come upon a border, and had decided to keep going. This time the almost-nameless had searched for a border. She had found one, and thought, What fun it'll be to stir up some trouble. I'm gonna show some more idiots that i'm capable of more than 'ey think!
The girl here could be compared to a bubble-gum chewing, tough, rude ten-year old kid. This time she'd gone outta her way to get in this pack's business. Little did she know that many of this pack's wolves were fierce.
She was still at their borders. She took a few steps past it before laying down and putting her head on her paws, looking at the half-moon in the sky. Now all she had to do was wait, and trouble would make itself.
Mara has some light scars on her flank from a recent battle as well as a light limp on her right forepaw.
165 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Mara sniffed the air, an unfamiliar scent burning it's way into her nose. She crept through the woods on silent paw until she came across a small she wolf sitting on the inside of the borders. Mara used her rust coat to blend into the fallen leaves behind a tree. She crouched, ready to spring. After counting to ten she sprung powerfully off her well prepared hind legs, aiming for the she wolfs shoulders.

I am doing this on my phone, sorry :P
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
I ALWAYS do mine on my phone XD

The girl was, unfortunately, smushed. Something- or someone, she presumed- was on her shoulders immediately. The impact knocked the air out of her. The full weight of an adult wolf had landed on her. The ex-slave writhed like a cobra under the pack wolf's weight. The tan 'cobra' managed to wriggle out from under the wolf's weight. Except... Her leg. One of her hind legs was still stuck. She quickly pulled it out, but it caused a wrenching pain in her ankle. Oh well, hopefully that wouldn't affect her much. She aimed and leaped towards the lady's back with a battle cry of, [size=x-large]"You're heavy!" [/size]
Mara has some light scars on her flank from a recent battle as well as a light limp on her right forepaw.
165 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Haha yeah, I don't really like doing it on my phone, I get too many typos :3 and just fyi, Mara is really small for her age, only about 60 pounds, so yeah :P

The tan wolf wriggled out from under Mara except for her leg, which she wrenched out at an odd angle. The she wolf leapt at her, calling her heavy along the way. Mara bared her razor white teeth, trained to kill, and sprinted out of the way of the wolf's paws at the last second. Since this girl was actually smaller than her, she couldn't use her tiny size to her advantage this time. Mara hoped the she wolf would stumble at her landing due to the extraction of her target. That way Mara could leap onto her and hold her to the ground. She crouched, her hind legs poised and her teeth ready, snarling.
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
that doesn't matter, runt was making fun of her, not actually saying she's heavy =)

This was one wolf that was just as fast as the almost-nameless, and probably just as deadly. The girl didn't tremble at the sight of those fangs, although they were very sharp and did scare her. The fierce kid narrowed her eyes. How could she outwit or out-speed such a small opponent? This wolf would be just as fast and graceful as the kid, and probably stronger! The ex-slave hoped dearly she would be okay, and leapt towards the lady, attempting to land on her upper back near her shoulders, near where she'd aimed before. Except hopefully this time she would land in time.
165 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Oh okay :)

Mara didn't enjoy being violent, especially to those younger to her, but this was an exception. This wolf had made a choice to step inside the clearly marked border and Mara would make her regret it. The she wolf leapt again, aiming for her shoulders. Mara's stormy grey eyes sparkled darkly as a plan came to mind. Just as the tan wolf's paws hit her lean back she spun quickly and then shifted sideways, hoping the sudden movement would make the girl loose her balance and topple over. When the girl hit the ground she would either try to knock her feet from under her or pin her to the leaf strewn ground.
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
Runt was caught by surprise. This wolf was indeed excellent in combat, and the once-slave's mind had been shaped in a way that critiqued the lady's every motion. The slave had been Coal's personal slave, and he himself had trained her. She still had his mark. A long old white scar ran from her back down and around her haunches. It had been there since she had arrived when she was about a month old.
The kid fell onto the ground but she recovered quickly. She leapt up as soon as she was possibly ready. She snarled and her gleaming white fangs showed. She recalled the want to shed blood, Orange's blood. Somehow Jupiter had fed her a certain something that had made her feel suddenly violent. Of course, that feeling was not here now, but she could recall it.
165 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
The kid was good, Mara would give her that, but Mara was from a pack that was focused solely on combat. She was trained to kill from the earliest age possible. As much as Mara resented it, she knew she could seriously injure this wolf, only a little younger then herself.

Mara's movements caught the girl off gaurd and she would use it to her advantage. The she wolf recover quickly but Mara was already rushing towards her, her head down ready to ram into her side. Mara put all her speed and strength into hitting her right above the stomach.
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
The almost-nameless was hit hard the next moment by the adult's head. She let out a soft oomph and skid on the ground. She got up very fast, and her eyes were sharp and thin like a snake. She darted forward and leaped onto the adults neck, wrapping her legs around it to hang on. As the kid leaped she realized she had gotten pretty badly bruised up from hitting the ground. It didn't matter. She had a ton of wounds and scars already. As she hung onto the adult's neck, she attempting to dig her fangs into the lady's neck. It was no warning; the loner was out for blood. She winced as she was reminded of her foot as well. She had glanced at it a moment ago, and it seemed almost crooked. That couldn't be a good sign.
165 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
When the girls fangs scraped Mara's neck through her thick fur, Mara lost it. She spun her head around at an alarming speed. She reached below the girls stomach and grabbed her hurt foot in her strong jaws, twisting it to a sickening angle waiting for the aminous crunch that always accompanied the breaking bones.

I'm sorry its so short, but I'm really tired lol
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
Runt let loose an unnatural scream, it sounded eerie in the night. A loud snap was heard as some bone near her ankle was fractured- or possibly even snapped in two. She couldn't be sure. She'd seen it before in the camp. A kid called Burnstick had disobeyed Coal. He'd attempted to poison him by putting toxic things in his prey. He was found out, and crack- Coal broke his spine in front of everyone. The kid bled to death.

Her arms fell limp and she fell to the ground in a crumpled heap. She was no longer a warrior in the light of battle but instead a puppy who was too young to even be away from her family. She should of been sleeping with her siblings in a heap next to their mother, in a cozy den. She shouldn't be out here with her bones being snapped. Her eyes rolled back as she fainted, and she laid as a small bundle on the ground.
165 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
If you could help me with this, that would be great :) @Ashton

The rush of adrenaline from battle faded from Mara's small form as the girl screamed and landed on the ground in a tan heap, unconscious. Her shoulders sagged and she looked at the girl's leg that was torn, bloodied and broken. What had she done? Mara staggered fell, her breath coming out in short gasps. She had done this. All she could think about was the fact that she had hurt this little child that shouldn't even be away from her mother. She shook her head, trying to clear her scrambled thoughts. She had to help her. Mara was afraid to move her due to her leg, but didn't think it would be a good idea to leave the injured pup in pack territory. She racked her brain for anyone in her pack that knew how to heal but came up empty. Then she remembered Ashton, her half brother had told her that he was working on healing.

Mara gently picked up the pups scruff and moved her as lightly as she could away from the border. She was lucky that she was near a small cave she had discovered a while back. The cave slanted for a bit until it came to a sandy hollow at the bottom. Mara set the pup in the sand, pushing it around her to make a small bed. When she was satisfied with her work she excited the cave and decided to call Ashton to see if he could help her. She wouldn't be able to live with herself if the pup's foot was permanently ruined. She howled just loud enough that her pack wouldn't hear her, but hopefully he would. Taking a quick peek at the pups sleeping form Mara left the cave and trotted at a fast pace until she came to a small brook. Pulling some moss of nearby trees she soaked it in the brook for water for the pup. On the way back to the cave she caught a small rabbit. It wasn't much, but hopefully it would help.

Mara set the soaked moss and rabbit on a large flat rock in the hollow near the pup. When she was done she moved to sit right outside the cave to wait and see if Ashton would show.
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
The tan puppy moaned quietly as she was dragged into a cool, dark place. She shivered.
The loner wole up in about ten minutes. She was in a cave of some sort. Her attacker didn't appear to be there. She was lying in a sand bed and there was a flat rock next to her with food and water. Maybe a healer had found her unconscious and brought her here. She stretched her neck and reached forward, sucking some water from the moss. Then she dragged the rabbit off the rock and closer to her by it's ears. Then she realized it had her opponent's scent on it. Maybe she really was nearby. "Hello?" She said quietly, and winced at the pitiful sound of her own voice. She sounded... Weak. Instead of waiting for an answer she began to eat the rabbit next to her, moving at little as possible.
165 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Mara turned when she heard movement in the cave and saw the little pup drinking from the moss. When she sniffed the rabbit she must have noticed Mara's scent on it because she stiffened a bit before whispering a hello and turning back to prey.

Mara got off her butt and walked down the cave towards the injured pup. The sight of her broken leg made a wave of fresh guilt wash over her again.

"I promise I wont hurt you!" She said as quickly as she could, hoping the pup would listen to her instead of her instincts. Mara laid her ears back and lowered her tail in a way that showed no violence.
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
She didn't hear Mara coming. She looked up at the voice, her eyes wide with shock, barely able to her what she was saying. She tried to drag herself further back away, but only moved a few inches before she moaned. "Go away- [size=x-large]stay away from me![/size]" She said, turning into a high pitched whine. "You hurt me, dude" The ex-slave whimpered quietly. "I was fighting but I wouldn't of hurt ya, not like that! How could ya.." She said, her already quiet voice fading into a whisper.
165 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Mara's whole body trembled with sadness as she looked at the whimpering pup.

"I am so, so sorry. I don't know why I did that, its just when you started trying to rip my throat open, I lost it." she said, half sobbing. How could she?! She was utterly disgusted with herself. How would she ever sleep at night knowing she had done such a horrible thing to this little pup? Mara looked back up into the green eyes of the girl, her own storm grey ones pleading for the pup to give her one last chance.

"I can try and help you the best I can, if you let me." she said softly, her voice filled with light hope.
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
not yet my last post, but would you like another thread after this?

"I wasn't tryin' to rip it open... I'm sorry-" she paused. "It's my fault. I shouldn't of trespassed." She said. "As long as ya don't hurt me, ya can try ta help..." She said quietly. "Who are ya, dude?" She asked. While she waited for the answer, she continued to eat the rabbit.
165 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Yeah! We can do one with Mara helping her recover :)

Mara sighed in relief as the pup excepted her offer. She padded over to the injured pup carefully as to not scare the poor baby.

"I promise. My name is Mara, I am a member of the Ourosboros Spine pack. Where are you from? And what is your name?" Mara asked the small tan wolf, she didn't smell like a pack wolf, but surely she was too young to be all alone.

"Can I look at your ankle?" Mara asked softly, gesturing to the pups injured leg.
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
"Sure." She said, and as Mara began to examine it, she begun to explain. "I'm called Runt. I used ta be a slave in Coal's pack, but now I'm packless. I was born far ta the north of here in a mount'n range." She explained to Mara. "Can I stay here for now, in the cave I mean?" She asked Mara quietly. She didn't want to have to leave this safe cave yet.
165 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Mara immediately stopped what she was doing and looked up into the pups sad eyes with disbelief.

"You were a slave?" she asked, her eyes wide. No way was she letting this pup go! She suddenly felt an extremely strong instinct to care for this pup and she knew she would have to ask Mordecai if she could join the pack. Mara knew she wouldn't be able to let this poor baby back into the wilds, all alone. It had been hard for herself, and she was older. Runt was still a child.

"There is no way I am letting you stay packless, I mean, if that's what you want, but still! I'm sure my Alpha wouldn't mind you joining! I could take care of you, ya know, help you out?" the ginger she wolf suggested quickly before turning back to the wound, deciding it needed some cobwebs and a splint. She had learned a few medical treatments during her training in case she got injured.
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
The almost-nameless girl's ear flattened to her head. She suddenly felt very pitiful, and it made her feel weak. "Well.. Yeah. My mom sold me to 'em." She said, doing her best to keep a whimper from her voice. Her mother had broken her heart. It had been like a slap to the face. "Okay." She said, giving in to Mara's sympathy. "But I do have a friend in anotha pack, and I might wanna tell her that I'm injured.." She paused before continuing. "And that I'm gonna be okay." She said, hope in her voice. "But it might be difficult travel. Could you tell her for me, or.." She didn't want to sound weak but honestly, in this condition, she was.
165 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Mara was so happy that the girl agreed to stay that she almost jumped for joy. Containing her relief she started planning everything out in her head. First she would get the Runt's leg stabilized and healing, then she would ask Mordecai if it was alright, then once she got Runt settled in her den, she could go find Runt's friend. Everything would be fine!

"Of course I'll go tell your friend! But first, I have to help you." she said, walking towards the very back of the cave to get some cobwebs and dropped them near Runt's head.

"Here, you can press this to your ankle to stop the bleeding. I would do it, but I wont know how much it hurts." She explained before starting to leave the cave to get some more supplies.

"I'm going to get stuff for a splint, do you need anymore food? Water?" she asked, eager to do something to help the poor girl. She couldn't believe her mom sold her. What a terrible thing to do. Sure her mom drove her off, but that was the law of her pack. Runt's mom had a choice.
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
last post for me? Should me or you start our next thread?

"Thanks, Mara. I will." She found it funny how the moment before they'd been viciously fighting, the next Mara was healing her. "Maybe some water. I'm good on food." She said, beginning to take another bite from the rabbit. She reached over and gently pressed the cobweb to her ankle as not to hurt herself. The bleeding didn't yet stop completely, but it definitely lessened. Hopefully this injury wasn't permanent.
165 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
You can, cuz I gotta sleep XP

Mara smiled softly at the Runt before exiting the cave in search of sticks, some more cobwebs and hopefully some bendable bark.

She sniffed around and decided it would be a good idea to get the water last so it wouldn't dry out. She manage to find a good amount of webs and wrapped them around a stick she could use for the splint. The only thing close to bark she could find was some tall grass she had found in small clearing. Ripping some from the ground, she trudged back to the creek to get some more water for Runt. She had a feeling everything was going to turn out okay.