Noctisardor Bypass Here I stand, still I'm drawn down to my knees.
Rivenwood
Ash
His Reverence
120 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
The island woman, the island mother, leaned into him, and he basked in her touch, just for that moment, until she drew away with the next breath. He sat silently, there beside her as there grew a space between them once more. She then claimed that God would have to earn her back. Oh, but God would find a way, the Good Shepherd always does. But for now, he would just be here, for her, the family, and whatever else they’d face, because he felt as if he was their shepherd.

“Oh Heda.” He whispered, giving a warm smile, “In due time, when everything has fallen back into place, everything will be right again. I want to see you through it.”

Once he’d said his piece, he stood, taking one look upon the waters’ surface. The water was clear as a mirror, one that stared deep beyond the surface. He then turned to lay his gaze upon Heda once more.

“Before I go, is there anything else?”

Active weekdays: Monday, Saturday, Sunday — Most evenings (Pacific Standard Time)
By the witness of the martyrs
By the passion and the blood
God has raised you out of darkness
I have bought your soul for God

{Bishop Myriel, Les Miserables}
(Most Thread titles taken from Les Miserables)
Messages In This Thread
Here I stand, still I'm drawn down to my knees. - by John - February 12, 2024, 01:12 AM
RE: Here I stand, still I'm drawn down to my knees. - by John - March 13, 2024, 12:28 AM