Shadewood Women seem wicked when you're unwanted
Pledged
Two Rivers Isle
235 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
For @Calahan, sorry for the small wait!
Again the hunt took him from @Ingiullik, this time beneath the thick cover of a sprawling woodland. Winterbourne pursued the trail of an injured goat relentlessly, some unfortunate soul gone off to die alone. Well, not alone now.

If death was a certainty anyway, why shouldn't he benefit from it? So Winterbourne followed. His ears turned this way and that as he walked, attuned to his surroundings; watchful for any who might seek to take this easy kill from him.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
Loner
32 Posts
Ooc — Meri
Calahan had wandered a bit too far. Whitefish River was left in the distance, though he fully intended to return later. The coast was an unwelcome sight for him, so for now, he pushed that to the back of his mind (like most other things that worried him).+

This large patch of forest didn't allow for much sunshine, only some light filtering through the tall trees. The outlaw wasn't sure he appreciated the poor visibility. There was the scent of blood on the wind, likely some wounded game. He moved to where the slight wind was blowing scents in his direction, following the injured goat's trail.
As of now, my life is quite irregular, even more so than usual. I may post frequently for a few days, then go slow for weeks. I'll try my best to reply within two weeks. Some threads, such as ones with many participants, may take priority over others. Thank you for understanding!

Pledged
Two Rivers Isle
235 Posts
Ooc — xynien
It wasn't long before he heard the footsteps of another. A wolf; male by the scent, healthy. A threat. Bristling already, Winterbourne slowed and altered his path to intercept the man.

A low growl began to brew in his throat when his eyes found the tawny wolf; a warning. He stood stiffly, halting a distance away with tail flagging. His posture said all that his words would not: back off. It's mine.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
Loner
32 Posts
Ooc — Meri
He wasn't alone. Calahan had failed to notice the interloper until they were just meters apart. He raised his tail to level with his spine, in an assertive manner. The other wolf was a man clothed in shades of gunmetal.

From this distance, they seemed evenly matched, at least to him. The rustler wasn't quite willing to give up an evidently easier meal quite yet, and so he bared his teeth in a snarl, showing no indication of backing down.
As of now, my life is quite irregular, even more so than usual. I may post frequently for a few days, then go slow for weeks. I'll try my best to reply within two weeks. Some threads, such as ones with many participants, may take priority over others. Thank you for understanding!

Pledged
Two Rivers Isle
235 Posts
Ooc — xynien
We can do a single dice roll for a winner or just play it by ear if it turns into a fight <3 either is fine by me!
His hackles lifted along his spine, a returned snarl pouring from behind his fanged grin. Winterbourne thought of Ingiullik then, of the swell of her flanks with new life. He took a single step forward.

He would remain this way, posturing and warning the other wolf, only for a few more moments. Or until the other man made his move. Whichever came first.

Either way, it wasn't long before he lunged for the man with teeth seeking his throat. It wouldn't be the first time he'd killed a man for a meal — and surely not the last.
Loner
32 Posts
Ooc — Meri
dice roll works for me! :) i just rolled to determine his extent of injuries for this round, not sure how you usually do combat rolls.

When grey aimed for his throat, Calahan was only by a small margin, able to deflect the blow from his neck. He clenched his jaw as he felt teeth score through his shoulder, ripping through skin and leaving blood welling at his fur. 

He wasn't going to be chased off by some angry loon, not if he could help it. The sepia-toned man snapped at the other's hind leg, intending to latch on and maim.

Pledged
Two Rivers Isle
235 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Rolled a loss for Winterbourne and a 4 for injuries, so feel free to powerplay Calahan beating him up a little! He's gonna run off in my next post <3 if you'd like any changes to any of this lmk
He wasn't as quick as he'd once been. A snarl tore itself from his throat as teeth found his hind leg. Instinctively he tried to rip away only to immediately regret the action as fire crawled up the limb — and the grip never loosened.

In lieu of flight, Winterbourne lunged again, this time for the man's flank. His own teeth snapped desperately, catching whatever he could and ripping and catching again in a frantic bid for freedom. The moment he was released, he would run; outmatched and unwilling to risk his family's future for this.