Redhawk Caldera Find me a find, catch me a catch
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
He stiffened slightly as Peregrine closed the gap between them, though he gave the Alpha male a quizzical look when he was delivered a gentle nudge. The silence that stretched between them seemed everlasting as Peregrine sat down; during that time, Elwood readied himself for a scolding.

But instead, Peregrine informed him that he had just come from speaking with Finley. "Nobody wants you to leave, El," he said, and the words rang loudly in Elwood's mind. He felt somewhat reassured, but even if he wasn't being exiled, that probably didn't change the fact that Finley wanted nothing to do with him. Just because she didn't have the power to kick him out didn't mean that she could refuse to see or speak to him.

Taking a slow, steadying breath, Elwood rocked back onto his haunches. Peregrine wanted to hear his side of the story, and he would oblige. "I...it's a mess. I guess she saw me being intimate with Grimm," he said, wincing as the words passed his lips. He still didn't know if that was how Finley had found out -- they had both been too heated to talk details -- but it made the most sense. "It didn't mean anything, really -- it was totally stupid and I realize it was a mistake. Grimm and I don't have feelings for each other," he explained, briefly feeling sorry for Grimm for having gotten mixed up in this in the first place. Then, with a bit more force, he added, "But Finley and I aren't together. We're not an item; we never were." He wanted Peregrine to know that he hadn't cheated; "Finwood" only existed in the minds of the matchmaking Alphas. This was where both he and Finley had failed in the communication department, since each of them had neglected to inform the other of their feelings.
Messages In This Thread
Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 10, 2015, 12:55 PM
RE: Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Elwood - February 10, 2015, 12:59 PM
RE: Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 10, 2015, 01:12 PM
RE: Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Elwood - February 10, 2015, 01:24 PM
RE: Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 10, 2015, 01:41 PM
RE: Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Elwood - February 10, 2015, 09:02 PM
RE: Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 11, 2015, 08:57 AM
RE: Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Elwood - February 11, 2015, 12:44 PM
RE: Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 11, 2015, 12:56 PM
RE: Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Elwood - February 11, 2015, 01:11 PM
RE: Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 11, 2015, 01:44 PM
RE: Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Elwood - February 11, 2015, 08:42 PM