The Heartwood i would go most anywhere to feel.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
this is fun :v Cara and fin should def thread again
[size=medium]"in the land of gods and monsters,
I was an angel"
[/size]

[size=small]As amusing as the twist of their conversation had turned, the bad sitcom they had fallen in was, like all things, bound to come to an end. And of course, considering the absurdity of it all it was only logical for the gran finale to be as, if not more, ridiculous than all of it combined.
With her eyes suddenly widening in a caricaturesque manner she stared at the pretty Beta, her ears twisting self-conciously as she felt the underlying offensiveness with which she spoke back.
How the fuck was asking how she raised her thousand children implying she was a slut?
It wasn't as if --oh.
Yeah, it was exactly that, wasn't it?

Suddenly, as if caught in a cliché movie scene in which the protagonist stares directly at the camera and goes 'uh-oh', the Queen's lip quivered awkwardly. Finally the engines and wheels in her brain finally tweaking her reasoning according to what Finley had really been speaking of; and finally, with her front teeth still chewing pensively on her bottom lip Cara understood what an idiot she had been -- both of them really.
Now, the fact that they had been able hold a conversation while speaking of something entirely different was really a mystery.

It was then, as the last pieces of the puzzle clicked into place and Cara's mind replayed the entire dialogues this time from Finley's perspective, that the Queen's face shifted once again.
Not to awkwardness, or even embarrasment.
Instead, the usually serious leader of the Spine sported the most stupid grin that the universe had ever witnessed, followed by an even more stupid giggle that without her even intending it, escalated into a full out laughter attack.

"Aaaaaaand you're talking about dicks not kids... she squaked through a lamely repressed chuckle and a violent wiggle of her eyebrows.

[/size]
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Most definitely!!  I'm thinking we could probably wrap this up soon especially 'cause I was planning to have Fin do a little outridering which should most definitely bring her to the Spine :D

Fin quirked a brow, turning her head slightly as she watched the expressions change upon Cara's face.  First there was more confusion and a bit of defensiveness.  It seemed that something in the woman's brain then clicked into place for her eyes were widening with dawning comprehension in the next second.  Then came wave upon wave of laughter as the proud leader of the Spine fell to a fit of giggles at Finley's feet.

Finley, however, remained just as confused as ever - perhaps it would be fair to say she was even more so now that her companion's mood had so abruptly changed.  It wasn't until a few moments following Cara's comment that her own understanding finally came to her.  "Why would I be talking about..." she had started, only to trail off mid-sentence as her own eyes popped and jaw dropped, "OHHHHHHHHH you thought, and I said.. Oh good LORD."  The comments she had made, so unnecessarily, she now realized.

Her embarassment at making those rather raunchy confessions was short-lived as she too fell victim to the humor of the situation.  She dropped back onto her haunches with a round of her own laughter.

Now on the same page, the conversation flew by with far less confusion, but just as much laughter.  When Fin finally said farewell for the day, it was with a new friend in her heart that the beta made the trip back home.