Wapun Meadow snow and cold and death, oh my!
263 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
@Crëyr

Although the ground consisted mostly of slush and vandalised greenery, Falwasi could vaguely see the beginning of the rebirth of flowers. Colors flooded her mind as she was reminded by the small sign of one of her first few days in the Creek, attempting to catch a butterfly as the spectrum of fauna tickled her grizzled body.

For the past few weeks Falwasi had remained more or less idle, waiting for Scimitar's cue for leave. The Blackfeather Woods attack had been the final straw to the Creek's miserable share of luck, resulting in wounding upon the three warriors that had gone to scout the hostage. The chamoisee woman belonged to the trio, and even with the mild scar above her eye and the fading leg wounds, she would have offered herself again if she had to — for the sake of the Creek. Not Star.

Enough time had gone by for Falwasi to grow bored of waiting around; she'd heard rumours of an individual Blackfeather wolf bothering Bazi, but nothing more. Everything was so quiet and subtle lately, any senseless wolf would not be able to catch up with reading between the lines. It only seemed a matter of time before the huntress would be chasing time.
<i>why did she leave wonderland</i>
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole

after the encounter with scarlett she headed back to wapun meadow, alone with her thoughts. for the moment, anyway.

swiftcurrent creek sure had been lingering around in her thoughts ever since they had travelled to fetch shadow's kids. they had returned with one, the intriguing, grey-furred little boy, trajan. crëyr had a feeling that he would grow up to be his father, the exact replica of him. following that her thoughts turned to the other two children, julius and relonikiv. what would they grow up to be?

it wasn't long before a familiar swiftcurrent scent entered her nares— she wasn't sure if they were supposed to be on fair terms, anyway, for they resided within enemy packs where tensions were high. she was friends with falwasi, a cream-colored female who she deemed a great hunting partner, but would they be for long?

the sterling female moved up to her, pausing a fair distance away, a smile sparking on her features. crëyr noticed that she also, didn't seem to be her usual self, and briefly she wondered if their little visit related. but still, she brightly greeted her. "hi, falwasi!"

it was then did she notice the seemingly freshly-healed scars, one above her eye, some across her legs. well, something bad did happen to her. another friend, after scarlett, hurt? "your scars. did... what happened, if you don't mind me asking?"

263 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
A familiar voice rattled Falwasi from her thoughts and into actuality once more. Her face bore a genuine smile, to which the deerstalker responded to with a tame smile of her own. "It's been a while," she said as she closed the distance between them. They'd only met once, but somehow Falwasi felt closer to the Bypass wolf than just acquaintances. Perhaps it was their hunt; hunting was personal to Falwasi, and the fact that they shared it made her think of Crëyr in a different way.

The greyscale wolfess was bright and welcoming, and Falwasi felt a twinge of jealousy at her steadiness. But she reminded herself that maybe Crëyr was likewise an authentic liar, and that the smile plastered on her face could be as fake as the hints of spring.

Before long, Crëyr had spotted her scar and her healing bite wounds. The tall wolf studied her for a moment after she'd asked what happened. As far as Falwasi could tell, the she-wolf still remained in the Bypass, who had recently engaged in business with the Creek. Falwasi knew no other details than the little grey replica of Shadow had left with his father, but she knew not if it was a mutual decision.

After a lengthy pause, Falwasi decided against giving her a brief run-through, and instead a mere: "I got into a tangle with another pack." She avoided the term 'we' — maybe if she threw herself under the bus, at least Scimitar and Kieran would not be dragged down with her. They could not have a reputation of weakness spread around right now — their only warriors save Kaskara were injured, and should they be assaulted again, they would not cheat death twice. Falwasi would have to ask her leader what was to be said about their physical appearance.

Her tone and posture were convincing and truthful; Falwasi had no trouble believing it, because it was a valid explanation. And even if Crëyr did not believe her statement, it wouldn't particularly matter. She doubted the Bypass was going to attack their home straight after having received the youngster.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
posting this overseas on an ipad, so sorry for a crap post:(

Falwasi closed the distance between the two as Creyr gave a nod of agreement to what she had said. The sterling female wasn't exactly aware of it, but others probably did- she certainly considered most her friend, even if there was a chance that the feeling was not mutual.

She could tell the cream wolfess had gave her an unsure once-over when she sent the query about her scars her way- there could be many reasons why that was, and it didn't need to be because of how Falwasi thought she was offering as a spy on the Swiftcurrent wolves for Shadow. Well, there was a one in a millionth chance that she was that. Really, when it came to the greyscale girl, questions like those really meant nothing but genuine concern and endless curiosity.

Falwasi chose to respond in a subtle manner, and Creyr understood. She chose not to pry, like she would have if her enthusiasm took her too far, in this case with a Swiftcurrent wolf. Instead gave a damn, that sucks shrug of her shoulder and said, "Damn, well, that sucks."

Creyr decided to steer the conversation away from where it seemed to be heading towards. Brightly she spoke, "But you're healed enough to go for more hunts, right? That one with you was one I enjoyed.''
263 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Even if Crëyr did not believe her or felt any curiosity towards the subject at all, she chose not to show with a shrug of her grey shoulders and the abandonment of the matter. Instead she put on a colorful voice and shifted the conversation towards hunting, the first thing they had shared.

Falwasi nodded at her question. "Yes," she said, "I attained the trade not too long ago." The huntress was not proud of her achievement, but that did not mean she did not acknowledge its presence. It wasn't something for her to be proud of; it was her duty, and her way of life. With or without the title, she would always be a hunter.

"I'm guessing you have too? The Bypass would be lacking some unique skills without you," she said with a soft smile. The she-wolf had shown some genuine dexterity in their hunt, which was not a beginner's job. In fact, Falwasi had enjoyed their hunt the most out of all since she'd arrived at the Creek.

Something in the cream-shot wolf cared to know how the grey child was getting along, but she knew far too well that in the paws of Shadow, he was likely to emerge from the Bypass as the same man. As much as she wished against it, she was inclined to believe it would be history repeating itself. And because of this, it seemed to her that Crëyr was an odd suit to the sterling male's pack. She was kind, where he was.. cold. It sounded like a game of 'good cop, bad cop'.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole

when falwasi mentioned the trade of gamekeeper, crëyr gave a nod in response and said, "oh, yes. gamekeeper." she cracked another smile and jokingly added, "we huntresses stick together."

when the copper-eyed wolfess inquired if she had too, gained the trade, the sterling female shook her head. "not yet, but i'm very close to gaining it. can't wait! and no, not really, i'm merely a piece in the puzzle," she spoke, regarding her comment about the bypass with a slightly furrowed brow. did swiftcurrent wolves really think that lowly of them, or were "reasons" ignorantly hammered into their minds from the start? "but thank you, fal."

she shifted on her feet and wrapped her fluffy silver tail around her paws. her grin sparking at the thought of another thrilling hunt with falwasi, crëyr said, "i spotted a herd somewhere close. it might be the only one around, so..."