Emberwood Wildest Dreams
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Dun, dun. @Kove (And @Adlartok possibly?)

Scarlett had a rather emotional meeting with Kove and the dark female. For now she was just tired. She did keep the promise she made to herself and retuned with two hares, one for Adlartok and one for her. For now she pushed all that happened away and found comfort with Adlartok. Scarlett was getting accustomed to his movements and scent. She had no shame in snuggling up against the youngster at night. Frankly she liked sharing warmth with another wolf. The day after, Scarlett decided that she needed a rest. The albino had a lazy day at her den.

The forest gave a warm glow that even made Scarlett relax with everything that happened. She laid in the entrance of the den, half inside and half outside. She enjoyed listening to the calm stream of water in this first moment of quietness. A well deserved rest she needed. When the sun peeked through she eventually rolled on her side and let the front part of her body soak up some well deserved warmth. Of course her mind was going over Kove's I love you several times a minute. Ever since he said that, that was haunting her mind, in a good way.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
"I brought you a dead animal, please don't be upset." xD

After their last meeting, the man was feeling a bit bad. He should not have allowed 'Aklaq' to follow him, and he certainly shouldn't have allowed her to get close to Scarlett. She was a bit dangerous, even without her memories, and he didn't want that type of danger near his love. So, somehow, he'd managed to escape the woman in order to follow after the albino. On his way, he'd stopped to hunt a muskrat, and after he'd caught it he'd decided to save it for later. The idea was to offer it to the pale woman as both a gift and a slight apology for the events of their last meeting. That was what he would do, too, as soon as he found her.

Kove had reached Emberwood, the place she said she was currently staying at, and went to work tracking down her scent. It was a bit difficult with the small mammal clenched between his jaws, but he made it work and didn't stop until he'd caught a whiff of her. Then he took off, his pace moderate so he wouldn't accidentally lose the invisible trail he was following, and didn't let up until the outline of the white wolf came into view. That made him slow, and he trotted towards her, noticing she must be laying in the mouth of her den. Once he was close enough, he dropped the muskrat and offered her a smile and a dip of his head. “Hello again, Scarlett,” he voiced, tongue hanging out the side of his mouth before and after he spoke to cool himself down some. “I managed to get Aklaq to stay somewhere, because I needed to see you again. I am very sorry for how things went last time, and if I could have changed it, I would have. I hope you'll accept my apology, as well as this.” He lowered his head down and nudged at the muskrat's body with his snout, working to move it closer to her, moving onto his stomach as he drew closer. “How are you doing?”
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett inhaled softly, listening to her surroundings as her eyes were closed. It had been awhile since she actually did some basking. Once she could hear some footsteps she instantly turned to her tummy again. Her red eyes blinked open to spot her white knight. Even though she should be mad at him, her tail wagged in greeting, if only Kove could see it. Scarlett was surprised that he was actually bringing her a meal. Her ears fell back in surprise. That was a serious statement when a male brought a meal to a female. It showed that he wanted to take care of her. It was almost more romantic than getting flowers.

Scarlett instantly smiled at the sight, she couldn't help it. "Hello Kove," she returned in greeting. She dipped her nose down and battered her red eyes at him. "For me? Oh thank you," she spoke. She could use a meal herself and accepted the animal Kove caught for her. She placed it by her feet and quickly licked over the tip of his nose saying thank you once more. "I already forgave you, you silly. Although I am not really a fan of her...," she admitted. "Do you have to help her? Scarlett didn't want to sound so rude but she wasn't a fan of the black female that had bothered them last night.

"I am doing better. I was having my first relax day, ever," she exclaimed sounding surprisingly happy in this moment. Then the albino started to dig into the meat. It would be ungrateful not to eat it after all.
-Dark of Soul, Strong of Body-
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
I am going to assume Scarlett told him at least a little bit of what happened? I can change this if you prefer?

Artok had been slowly gaining his strength back, and when he heard the foot falls of another. He stood swiftly and limped towards Scarlett. He heard her speak Kove and he snarled, forcing himself between them. His teeth very near the males face. He growled his hackles raising and his eyes lowered, stormy and tumulteous.

She may have forgiven you but I haven't. You should be ashamed of yourself, ashamed of yourself. Then you come smelling like the she wolf that shamed Miss Scarlett. You have no morals and no respect and you have no right to even sniff her toes let alone touch her.

His body was puffed up like a wet cat and he was furious. Scarlett may tell him to stand down, but he wouldn't if she didn't say something. He'd fly into the male before he even had a chance.
Artok has a permanent limp in his front right foreleg.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The man's head bobbed when she thanked him, a smile never leaving his face. He was more than happy to have hunted for her, and would do it again and again if she wanted him to. Even if she didn't, there was a good chance he would bring her little things here and there just to make sure she was keeping her strength up. If the idea that lingered in his head went as planned, then they would both need all the strength they needed for traveling purposes. His tail started to thump against the ground as he felt her tongue go over his nose, which made his smile widen slightly. "I'm relieved to hear that you've forgiven me. I was worried you wouldn't," he admitted. The smile on Kove's face faltered for a second at the mention of the dark-furred female, but he quickly fixed it. "Helping her is the right thing to do, Scarlett. She has very little of her memory, and you and I are the only two she knows that I'm aware of. I could send her away, if you truly wish for me to, but I am not so sure that kind heart of yours would forgive either of us if we did..." The albino woman would always be his top priority no matter the situation, and while he wanted to protect her, he also wanted to do what was best for her. Sending someone away who was mentally injured didn't seem like something she would allow to happen, even if her personal feelings towards the girl were negative. Being as protective as he is, Kove didn't want to risk Scarlett hurting on the inside over the matter.

"It's good you're doing better," he said, smile widened a bit farther. "I don't think we'll have many days to relax here soon. I think I've come up with a solution to your pro-" The words of the male were cut off by the snarl and growl of the younger male, which caused the smile to fall from Kove's face completely. Instead, he simply stared at the silvery boy, listening to all he had to say. By the time he was finished, a low sigh had managed to escape the Northerner's mouth. He didn't know who the boy was, but he had to be close to Scarlett to be sharing a den with her, and on top of that he looked as if he was recovering from an injury or two. Given those main factors, the older wolf didn't even allow a glare to flicker across his features, but,rather, opted for the calm route of things. "I will admit, the way Aklaq acted was not right, and I should not have allowed her to get close to Scarlett for even a second," he started, pushing himself up so he was sitting. "She is injured, like you seem to be, though, and abandoning her would have been bad, wouldn't it? I do not seek your apology, or your understanding, as Scarlett's words are the only thing that truly matter to me." His voice stopped for a second as his gaze flickered to the colorless woman, before moving back to settle on the boy. "I respect her, whether you believe that or not."
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett would probably tell Adlartok anything xD

Scarlett's fluffy white tail also patted against the ground. She really liked Kove. Maybe because she loved him it was that she could forgive him that easily. She didn't want to be mad anymore. She wanted to get his comfort and snuggle against him. He was perfect for that. "I know. I realized that you are helping someone without a memory. Just like I am helping someone too," she returned. They were basically perfect for each other, with helping and being there for those others. Slowly she shook her head. She was not very fond of the dark female but that was only because she was unknown and unpredictable. "I will be a friend to her."

Scarlett perked up her ears when Kove was about to suggest something but then Adlartok jumped between them. Scarlett was startled and jumped back. She watched how protective her little warrior was. Well, little wasn't the right word. Ad was practically bigger than her now. But... He would always be her little warrior. It did feel good to see Adlartok protecting her. It would be a fruitless battle since both men wanted to protect her. The white female stepped forward and gave a quick lick over Adlartok's cheek. "You don't need to attack Kove, Sweetie," she spoke. "Though you did super well in protecting me. Kove is trying to help a female with memory loss. Like I am trying to help you get better! Only this female was a bit confused so she was staying untrue things, I realize now."

She took the meal Kove had gotten for her to show Adlartok Kove's determination for her. She placed it in her den and then instantly returned. Now she felt bad that the two met in these circumstances. She wanted that the two males would like each other. Maybe Adlartok could find a father figure in Kove. Big hopes for a small albino. "What was the idea you were speaking of?," she then inquired.
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Artok's eyes narrowed even further and he growled even louder. I don't believe it for a second and mark my words. If you so much as look at her crooked or you so much as let anyone else. I mean anyone else speak to her as that female did and you do nothing about it. I will promise you that I will end you. Because as far as I am concerned you did nothing. Sure you talked to the female, but you did not tell her she was behaving badly you just protected yourself. Just like everyone else, she's to good for you, you know.

Artok growled again, but he flicked an ear back to Scarlett, and tilted his muzzle away from the other. He didn't like him, didn't like him at all. He was shifty, and Artok didn't trust anyone, anymore, except for Miss. Scarlett.

Adlartok turned away and began to go back the way he came. If you need me howl. Miss. Scarlett. Then with one more pointed glare he walked away.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The man smiled at the woman's understanding towards the situation, but didn't feel particularly good about it. She was helping someone as well, but the boy didn't seem like a threat. He appeared to be protective of Scarlett, which the Inuit appreciated greatly. Aklaq, however, had proved herself to be a dangerous, and unknown, factor in response to nearly everything. He felt selfish when she stated she would be a friend to the dark woman, and slowly shook his head. “You do not need to be a friend to her,” he stated, his mind set on what would need to be done. He would need to send the strange woman away, maybe pass the responsibility of helping her onto someone else in Blackfeather. She had wished to join the pack anyways, so it would be like family helping family. Sort of. It was all in the name to keep the pale girl safe. “You don't need to befriend her, Scarlett. You are willing to put up with her despite how she acts, but you shouldn't have to. I'll find someone else to look after her until she can look after herself. I'm sure that sounds much better than having her join us, right?” He offered her another smile before turning his gaze to the silver boy once more.

“I would want for nothing else other than you to follow through with what you just said,” Kove told him, his expression growing serious for a second before softening again and falling into a faint smile. “The fact that you would be willing to take on someone in a better condition than yourself to protect her is a good thing, and I hope you'll continue to do that. I would never hurt her, though, but others—like Aklaq—might not be so kind, as I'm sure you know.” Kove motioned to the boy's injuries as discretely as he could, before picking up the conversation once more. He couldn't help but nod his head in agreement to the last part. “You're right, she is,” he voiced, copper gaze moving over to look upon Scarlett's form. She was, in truth, far too good for him. She was a ray of light that deserved the world, and he was just some Inuit lupine chasing after her. He still entered a state of disbelief every now and again since they shared their confessions, unable to fathom how he managed to get close to such an amazing woman. It was a closeness and amount of trust that he never wanted to lose, and would gladly take whatever Adlartok had to dish out if it would correct him.

Kove watched the younger male go back in the direction he'd come, before placing his full attention on Scarlett. His tail started to sway as her question sounded, unable to keep the growing grin off his face. He sort of started to resemble an excited whelp, only much larger. “I know we planned to live at the Glacier together, but after what they did to you, I started to think about some things. I don't want you at Blackfeather, as you already know, but what if we went out on our own?” By know, the grin on his faze had widened to the point where it looked as if it might hurt. He couldn't help it, however, as he was very excited. “We could recruit some lone wolves, and then we could start our own pack. No one would ever be able to treat you as they did every again.”
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
The light female thought about the darker one who didn't even remember her own name. How horrible that must be, forgetting your own name and then to roam through the world. Would she even know how to hunt? Scarlett licked his lips. She didn't want to think about it or she might feel really guilty for making Kove leave her. Although, it was also partly Kove's decision. She didn't want to share Kove with anyone. He was the only wolf she would ever call hers. That was how she pictured it as a young wolf. "Oh I would dislike that. I don't think I could share you with another female," Scarlett instantly returned. She even shook her head a bit at the thought.

Scarlett smiled softly when Kove praised Adlartok. She liked how Adlartok was so fierce in protecting her and how Kove was even accepting it. Somehow she hoped the two could form some type of a bound. Her wonderful boyfriend. Scarlett's red eyes glazed dreamily at the inuit, everything that happened the night before purely forgotten. She was too in love with the white knight to stay upset with him. She felt the butterflies in her tummy when she looked at him. Her pale fluffy ears popped up when Kove started speaking. Instantly he had her full attention. "Our.. own pack?," Scarlett repeated in disbelieve at first. The light female thought about it. If she was in charge she had no one to talk her down, or tell her what to do. She would make her own rules. Make the pack feel like a family. Talking about family! Scarlett would have no one to tell her not to have a litter this summer.

Scarlett instantly beamed brightly, if she wasn't a ball of sunshine before, then the female was now blinding the wolves around her. "That is an amazing idea," she breathed out. Her tail going crazy. Adlartok would be safe forever under her protection. No more fear of Tuwawi wanting to kill the youngster. They didn't had to worry about a pack not taking them in because it would be their own pack. The pale female sat up. "I have friends in other packs!," Scarlett spoke out loud, thinking of Kesuk and Koda. This could work. "Kove... You really are perfect," she hummed and licked his cheek. Scarlett was instantly more alert. She needed to gather lone wolves and a few of her friends and plan other things, like where to settle.
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
wanted to get one more so I can have the exp when the pack starts

Adlartok growled softly at the males words. He didn't give a crap if the other felt he was being good, while being protective. Mostly he was just protected what was at the moment the only thing he cared about in the world. Not to mention that Scarlett was being rather stupid in love. She proved it at her next words, he shook his head and gagged a little.

He continued on though, not even bothering to grace the other male with his words. he was done talking now. He just wanted to lay down and wait for Miss Scarlett to come back, safe and sound.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Wrap up post. Thanks, guys! I'm really looking forward to this pack. c:

The woman's words made him inwardly grin a bit. He was happy she wasn't willing to share him, because that meant they were on even ground. He had no intentions of sharing her with anyone, either, except maybe the boy she was looking after—and only in a non-romantic way. Anything else would meet and end quicker than it started, and he would make sure of that. They were one another's, and no one else's, that was how it was in the male's mind. That was how it would always be, if he had had anything to say about it.

Kove's inward grin showed through on the outside when she seemed to like his idea. It widen even more when she spoke of having friends in other packs. Perhaps they would be willing to join them, and then they would be all set. They would probably end up finding lone wolves, of course, as what better way to start a pack than to acquire members that will only have had their loyalty pledged to you? It was a good idea, and he hoped they would be able to find others. "I'm happy you think so," he returned, smiling all the while. "I still need to go and speak with Meldresi about leaving, but I am confident she will let me go in peace. As soon as I am done, I promise I will come back here for you and we can begin looking for members and a place to settle. I know this will work out, especially with you being in the lead." He moved in to give her a quick lick on the cheek, then backed away a bit and nodded behind him, signalling he was about to head out. "I will be as quick as I can, so you will not be left waiting long." The ghost's copper gaze trailed passed her to where the boy had gone. "I hope for both of you to be well while I am away." With those final words, Kove turned and began his trek back to the dark woods, but not before turning his head to smile one last time at Scarlett. He would be quick in his journey, as he did not wish to leave her waiting for long. They would be side-by-side again soon enough, and then they will really need to work hard to keep everything in order and find a place to settle. Despite that, though, he couldn't be happier.