Rising Sun Valley A new home
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Kove had been the favored the son when it came to his father, and because of that he'd been taught nearly everything the older male had known. Majority of those things included fighting, defending a border, and protecting what you hold dear to you. He was sure he could work through a way to keep the territory protected, while also making it seem open to potential new members in the future. There would be trial and error, of course, as he would still be getting to know his pack mates, but everything would work itself out and a way would be shown to him. His head turned to look at her face when she spoke of him being a noble knight, giving her a warm smile as he did so. Something seemed off, though, and while he was curious, he didn't want to pry. If something was eating at her, surely she would tell him, right? The ghost hoped so, as he wanted to always be thereto cheer her up when needed.

The man chuckled in response to her joking accusation, before leaning over to lightly nudge her shoulder with the top of his head. "I could be wanting to," he said, smiling widely at her. An innuendo, perhaps, but not one he'd admit to at the moment. He gave a nod of his cranium in agreement, knowing well not to catch too many. He was far from being a Naturalist, but even Kove knew that over hunting could mess up the ecosystem, and doing that could possibly make the place inhabitable. While they hadn't been there long, he was already starting to really like it, and didn't want to mess it up in any way. The pale man's gaze trailed back to the river, curious of what might be in it. He'd use to try and catch fish in the old lake he'd grown up by, but most of the time he would end up failing. Attempts to mimic the bears had been made a great number of times, and the attempts to mimic the bears had ended up failing more times than they succeeded. It never once discouraged him, as he'd make it up to himself when he was done by going for a swim in the cold waters. "I would love to do that," Kove said, already imagining what it might be like to jump right into the river. "It was..." His voice trailed off towards the end as he was, once again, thrown into some memories regarding his old home and family. Many were good, but some bad ones were also there. "I hope that we can make our new home as loving as we can for the future."

To say he was surprised would be a slight understatement. He couldn't believe the only bear she'd ever encountered was a dead one, but then again, maybe his birthplace was just infested with them, or something like that. He wouldn't know. The amount of bears had always seemed normal to him. His mouth parted in order to speak, but his words seemed to pause before even starting as he listened to her further. Kove could have sworn he heard her say 'pup' before she switched it, but he couldn't be sure. Maybe it was just his own desire to start a family that was causing his mind to play tricks on him, or maybe they both wanted the same thing eventually. "I find it strange you've never seen a live bear before, but maybe we can change that," he said, a slight grin on his face. "We wouldn't need to live in fear, not for our pack mates, or any pups that might come about." Kove didn't want to specify whose whelps they would be, since he didn't want to worry her about thinking over that type of stuff if he really had heard incorrectly. "Black bears usually eat berries and stuff, and fish, from what I've seen. It's rare for them to go after any other source of meat, and I never once saw one try to eat a wolf. They're pretty laid back." Once again, he wasn't sure if that was because of where he was, or if majority of black bears were like that.

To her inquiry, he thought for a second, working through which would be better to see first. They would, eventually, see everything, but what to see first was the question at hand. He kind of wanted to see the waterfall, as he hadn't gotten a good look at the one he'd jumped from when in the tunnels with Bane, but it seemed Scarlett wished to follow the river. Seeing as he was willing to do anything for her, he placed his want aside, figuring they'd check it out later, and used his snout to point over along the river. "Lets follow the river," Kove told her, rather interested in where it went himself. "I want to see what lies along it, and the forest that lays at it's end. Could be nice to get a clue of what else might live here, aside from that bear." He was a bit curious about whether or not the bear might be in the forest, but didn't linger on the idea. The ghost was there with Scarlett so they could explore what would end up as their new home, and no bear would prevent that from happening.
Messages In This Thread
A new home - by Scarlett - February 24, 2015, 03:30 PM
RE: A new home - by Kove - February 24, 2015, 04:51 PM
RE: A new home - by Scarlett - February 24, 2015, 06:01 PM
RE: A new home - by Kove - February 24, 2015, 06:52 PM
RE: A new home - by Scarlett - February 25, 2015, 05:51 AM
RE: A new home - by Kove - February 25, 2015, 09:29 AM
RE: A new home - by Scarlett - February 25, 2015, 10:21 AM
RE: A new home - by Kove - March 01, 2015, 04:43 PM
RE: A new home - by Scarlett - March 01, 2015, 05:43 PM
RE: A new home - by Kove - March 03, 2015, 11:03 AM