Sea Lion Shores I'll Close My Eyes
44 Posts
Ooc —
Seal hunter, perhaps? c: Or maybe even someone who wants to try (or succeed in) stealing her skin? Either or neither is fine by me.

As more and more days seemed to go by, the pinnipeds of the shore seemed to grew more accustomed to the child's presence. No longer did they try to get away from her as quickly as they could, as the second they saw the skin upon her back they knew who she was. The wolf who believed herself to be a seal, who would lay about and sunbathe with them often. Of course, she also tried to keep them out of harm's way, and attempted to keep other wolves from harming them, but she was only a single selkie. There wasn't much the girl could do but send her sorrows to Lir and hope He would assist her the next time. The strength she needed to truly protect her cousins of the sea would not come so easily, she knew, but she still hoped and pleaded each and every time the life of one of the sea lions was claimed. Someday, she hoped to be able to have said strength, and possess such abilities that would aid her in life, but she knew she would only be given what she truly needed, and she was fine with that. It was an honor to receive anything from the sea, so she would take whatever was presented to her with a great deal of joy. For the time being, the only gifts given were her own life, as well as the knowledge that He was watching over her, both of which she was content with.

Such thoughts were distant in Muirgen's thoughts as she laid with her new found colony, however. The only thing that occupied her young mind was enjoying the time spent with the sea lions. She'd laid her sea skin out on the sand and then laid atop it herself. Her right side looked up to the sky, while her stomach faced out to the sea, and her eyes stayed shut as she relaxed beneath the sun's warm glare. Her trip to the island off the coast had been odd, to say the least, but was enjoyable all the same. She'd met an interesting looking wolf, whose nose held a blue coloring to it. Such a look had intrigued her, but not enough for her to have stayed around for an overly long amount of time to chat. After all, she'd informed the seals that she'd be returning quickly back then, and hadn't wanted to turn herself into a liar. Since then, she'd stayed among the colony of pinnipeds, watching over them as Lir did them all, and as the sea lions had slowly stated to do for her. They were family to her, and family looked out for one another.
Messages In This Thread
I'll Close My Eyes - by Muirgen - March 29, 2015, 04:48 PM
RE: I'll Close My Eyes - by Lacinia - March 31, 2015, 06:56 AM
RE: I'll Close My Eyes - by Muirgen - April 19, 2015, 02:08 AM
RE: I'll Close My Eyes - by Lacinia - April 21, 2015, 04:39 PM
RE: I'll Close My Eyes - by Muirgen - April 28, 2015, 01:01 PM