Redhawk Caldera [j] our peace shall stand as firm as rocky mountains
4 Posts
Ooc — Will
The next questions the Beta asked were not unexpected but did prove a bit surprising to the singer, for only one pack had joined had ever asked him these questions. But Orpheus had nothing to lose if he answered Elwood's questions honestly, if he was accepted, then no harm was done, if he was turned away, then well the wolf of the sands could simply journey on and attempt to join the next pack. But he doubted it. There were more warriors than healers after all, and a pack needed a medic to care for its wolves. Truthfully, Horus was used to pack leaders demanding him to demonstrate his skills, a healer was harder though so they mostly told him to identify a plant. Which was useless, for they knew not the name, he could have purposely said the name of another plant and they still wouldn't know. The skill of a warrior and hunter was easier to demonstrate, but perhaps the wolves here thought demonstrations were too time consuming. Life was short, after all.

"I am an explorer at heart, I like to travel and learn about the world. But I have been away from others of my kind for a long time and I yearn for the company of fellow wolves again, besides I am tired from my travels and wish for a solid home once more," Orpheus answered, making a mental barrier to block the memories of his travels out, fearing to be lost in them again. This was not the time. "I joined only two packs on my travels, both because of lovers. They were packs much like yours, filled with able bodied wolves, hunters, guardians, warriors but both of them had no medic, so despite me having no reason to join except to be with my lover, they accepted me. I left the first one because she died, the second one because he had found a new wife."

The singer knew he had exposed the secret that he had found love in both genders, but Orpheus did not care, for if they were good wolves, they would not think of his sexuality as something that immediately erased all is skills. If they refused him simply because they were homophobic, it was their lost.
Messages In This Thread
RE: [j] our peace shall stand as firm as rocky mountains - by Orpheus - April 01, 2015, 05:03 AM