Duskfire Glacier dark skies that hung above
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —
Týrr could not abandon those whom had stayed true to the Glacier, even though they, like him, likely saw the warning signs that the storm was coming and that despite all they had endured and survived that the Glacier would fall to it. For Týrr it had been infatuation that had bred his denial; and it was the infatuation that indulged him to stay. He had considered, perhaps for a brief while, of giving into Manauia — though her attempts at convincing him had stilled recently. He was not so ignorant as to believe she gave up; but he had enjoyed the reprieve from nagging nevertheless. Yet, Týrr owed those that found themselves lost in the wake of the Glacier's dispersal and their wildfire Queen's absence to gather those who would remain and those who would pledge their loyalties to him and give them guidance. Give them a home — as Tuwawi herself had done for him once upon a time. The Nýeldur could not turn his back upon her, nor those whom had been his comrades mere days ago. He was a better man than that. 

Manauia did not disappoint, her arrival swift. This pleased the Rekkr who could not abide tardiness lest there was good (i.e. life threatening) reason for it. Not that he'd expected her to be late for he always had the feeling she was not too terribly far from him. Perhaps it was the unease she left him with, her self entitlement of his “guard” that made him feel like she was always watching even if it was from afar. Maybe she wasn't. Maybe she was. In truth, it made no difference either way. “Manauia,” The Rekkr murmured in a soft greeting, not bothering to change his stance. Besides being her Prince, he'd also been of a higher rank than her when the Glacier had fallen — though he supposed there was no rank to call his. They were lawless now. 

Tuwawi is gone,” He spoke, throat tightening as the words left his lips, sorrow filled. “I do not know if she plans to return or not,” He took a breath, pausing to focus his crystalline eyes upon the Huntress. “I intend to wait for her but not at the Glacier and not like this,” This referring to being without a pack. “I will not turn my back upon her or the others, but I will not dishonor her by reclaiming the Glacier. It is not my kingdom to claim,” Týrr looked away from her then, back to the Ridge that spread out before them. “I intend to claim this Frostfire Ridge,” His eyes flitted back to Manauia though after his words hung in the air between them, assuming that perhaps these were not the words she wanted to hear. Regardless, she would not change his mind.

I have told you once you can return to Coatl's Rise and that offer still stands. You can tell my mother I sent you away if it is consequences you are worried about.” What would the Amazon Queen do? He was so far away from her — didn't even remember her. “But ...I would not mind if you stayed.” He was weary of her still, but she was the closest thing to “friend” he had with Tuwawi gone and Maera being a recluse that he barely saw. His eyes said the words that he could not bring his lips to mold: that despite his better judgment he trusted her. Perhaps not fully but even so it was better than nothing.
he came and stole the wild
a crime so old as the sky and bone
Messages In This Thread
dark skies that hung above - by Tezcacoatl - March 31, 2015, 04:12 PM
RE: darks skies that hung above - by Manauia IA - April 01, 2015, 08:54 AM
RE: darks skies that hung above - by Tezcacoatl - April 01, 2015, 02:50 PM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Manauia IA - April 08, 2015, 11:38 PM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Tezcacoatl - April 09, 2015, 02:07 PM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Manauia IA - April 12, 2015, 11:21 AM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Tezcacoatl - April 12, 2015, 12:34 PM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Manauia IA - April 21, 2015, 10:36 PM
RE: dark skies that hung above - by Tezcacoatl - April 25, 2015, 05:55 AM