The Tangle I Am Machine
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —
Sorry about the wait on this! And it seemed like a good place for Tyrr to take his leave so, last post for Tyrr and me. <3

Defiance was not something to put his life in harm's way for, Týrr understood, and stubbornness was not worth injuries, he knew. Would the woman not have begun to make advances towards him, it was no contest that the Rekkr would not have taken her seriously. The jesting mood they had taken at first was gone, her body language threatening him, as he warred with himself. It felt weak to back down, to give her the satisfaction of allowing her to win. He was plenty skilled as a warrior and Beserker, he could take her. Hell, if the Siren Consort he'd fought hadn't retreated when he did Týrr would have tore his leg from his body; but there was no practicality in taking someone on just to prove that he could fight. Such a thing would be little more than stupid and foolish, and how did he intend to lead a pack if he could not make decisions that, though they might cause him to take a blow to his pride, would in the end be the best choice for the pack? He would be a shit leader, that's what. If he could not learn to draw the line and swallow his pride he would have no place leading anybody. 

Though the blow his pride took was near crippling, being bossed around by a woman who wasn't even an Amazon — especially when he was so used to the Amazon women bending to his will, women who he thought were nothing short of the elite of their gender, he succumbed to the smart decision. “Fine,”  Týrr gritted out, though what he yearned to say was I'd like to see you try. The struggle within him was a very tangible thing as he backed away to her advances. “I can see you're not willing to talk anymore so I'll let you get back to your nap.” With those words he continued to back up, not trusting her nearly enough to turn his back on her until there was more than adequate distance between them, and headed back towards Frostfire Ridge nursing his wounded pride from standing down to her, and trying to encourage himself that this was the first of many times his pride would take a hit, but that if it meant taking blows to it, but that it kept the pack safe, or benefited them (the future them, that is) then it was more than worth it.
he came and stole the wild
a crime so old as the sky and bone
Messages In This Thread
I Am Machine - by Nanuk - April 15, 2015, 02:57 PM
RE: I Am Machine - by Tezcacoatl - April 16, 2015, 02:03 PM
RE: I Am Machine - by Nanuk - April 16, 2015, 04:33 PM
RE: I Am Machine - by Tezcacoatl - April 17, 2015, 05:15 PM
RE: I Am Machine - by Nanuk - April 18, 2015, 10:00 AM
RE: I Am Machine - by Tezcacoatl - April 19, 2015, 07:43 AM
RE: I Am Machine - by Nanuk - April 23, 2015, 04:22 PM
RE: I Am Machine - by Tezcacoatl - April 26, 2015, 05:53 AM
RE: I Am Machine - by Nanuk - April 27, 2015, 09:52 PM