Frostfire Ridge It's a start...
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —
Grow up? It took all of the serpent king's will to hold back the snort. How could they be so blind to what he saw as their own hypocrisy? They had pushed him to this point; by calling him Tezcacoatl and not listening to him in return. He'd tried to tell them but like him, Tezcacoatl believed that they had not listened. And now? Now, they wanted to act like he was the proverbial villain? They wanted to play the innocent, the ones who no longer wanted him apart of their culture when before they'd fought him tooth and nail when it came to his identity. How could they not see that? That was the point he was trying to futilely argue, but when he tried to point out that what they were saying now was what he'd tried to say along he was suddenly a child. “This is what I have tried to say all along, Citali. You refused to call me anything but Tezcacoatl when I'm not him and you cannot deny that you pushed me, all of you.” And if she did then she would affirm what he already believed, wrong or not. “I only wanted to look forward while everyone seemed determined to push me back into a past that is long since passed.” Or so this was what he felt; but he couldn't help but feel that his words would go into one ear and out the other; or worse yet be twisted into another argument.

He was tired of arguing with them about this mess. It had gotten him no where with Nochtli. She had left, but if she thought it would be the end of this, she was sadly mistaken. To throw his blind trust and loyalty back at him was a mistake, family or not. “I had let you go,” It wasn't necessarily in the way that she was speaking of, but having no memory of them had worked efficiently enough. “If you had no intention to stay here, to be apart of the Ridge family then why come back at all? Why bother finding me? You could have told her I was dead and no one would have been able to refute it.” There would have been no evidence of it, no body and by the time anytime had gotten to search for it, nothing would have realistically been left, anyway. “Why become apart of something only to tear your loyalty away?”

“There was never a force to stay. You were always free to leave, all of you. You chose to aid me, and how can you expect me to not see disloyalty when you tear it away? She is a traitor for abandoning the Ridge, then.” He was tired of all this arguing, this back and forth. It would be up to Quetzalcoatl what she did with them, if they chose to return to her. He did not argue with her, simply amended his previous claim, one that she could hardly refute (or so he thought). “I offered Manauia a place as my Second in Command,” That offer still stood, as far as the serpent king was aware; and while he wasn't sure why he was telling Citali he did not cease. “I had hoped to incorporate aspects of the Amazons into the Ridge,” but clearly he couldn't do that now. Not with all of them leaving. He didn't have the knowledge on his own, as she pointed out; and he didn't know if what he was 'remembering' was actually real or not. She didn't seem to think that it was and what choice did he have? Again, he had to rely blindly upon wolves that would abandon him at the first blink because he wasn't what they wanted him to be. 

He trailed off there, crystalline eyes studying the medic's face carefully, wondering if she would continue to tell him how he did not listen since apparently, everything that came out of his mouth served as proof to his idiocy to them, as it seemed to him.
he came and stole the wild
a crime so old as the sky and bone
Messages In This Thread
It's a start... - by Citali - June 20, 2015, 11:43 AM
RE: It's a start... - by Tezcacoatl - June 27, 2015, 08:17 AM
RE: It's a start... - by Citali - June 27, 2015, 03:44 PM
RE: It's a start... - by Tezcacoatl - July 01, 2015, 02:23 PM
RE: It's a start... - by Citali - July 01, 2015, 02:48 PM
RE: It's a start... - by Tezcacoatl - July 01, 2015, 03:14 PM
RE: It's a start... - by Citali - July 01, 2015, 03:25 PM
RE: It's a start... - by Tezcacoatl - July 01, 2015, 03:34 PM
RE: It's a start... - by Citali - July 01, 2015, 05:38 PM