Blacktail Deer Plateau [Meeting] Trying to take what's lost and broken, make it right
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Keeping it moving! second round ends this Sunday or when everyone responds (if you ever have issues with any packtivity deadline, please, pm me)

@Siren @Harlyn feel free to still jump in at any point if you wish!

Soon all were here save two, one of whom he had not seen since before the blaze. Determining that he would seek each out after, he appraised each silently before he began. The mood was solemn, not the greatest of meeting atmospheres but one that suited his own mood regardless. Casmir was the only one unaffected, but his mirth went unnoticed.

"I've called you all here to regroup, something I felt was necessary after what has happened." He began, the words falling easily as he looked at each in turn. "We've suffered a loss, but the heart of the plateau remains firm. I do not fear for our future."

"Some of you may have heard from Lasher that Peregrine and Fox are our enemies now. Like any outsider, yes, they should be kept from our lands. Certainly they are not our friends. But I will not order you further than that. The wolf they stole from us was not known to most of you, but for my part, I will not hesitate. Nor will I hold back should Saena come seeking aid if the Caldera looks to harm her new home. If you will follow me, then this is good. But if not, I will not hold it against you. After all, they are not our own struggles." He felt he needed to make this known. He had accepted Junior and Saena into his own idea of family, as had Blue and Lasher. But for the others, their family likely consisted of those in attendance here (he hoped, at least, for this). This was enough for him, and he wouldn't assign judgement on them for wishing to preserve their peace here.

"Also on the note of outsiders... please be wary. Both in encountering them here and in traveling. The south is likely best avoided. I believe the Caldera could see any interference by one of ours there as an attempt, by me, to start something. This isn't something I wish to do. Many other areas down there are equally unfriendly." He looked at Mordecai, sure the male remembered his own encounter. If they could refrain from traveling that far, he hoped they would. There was nothing down there they needed and the risk wasn't something they could afford.

"If any come here seeking me, call and I will come." It was his final point, though he doubted it would be necessary for those who it was intended about. They likely would find him personally rather than go through his pack, but he didn't wish for them to be spurned if they did. They would not deal with such denial well and he had no reason to hide from them. "If there are no questions, that is all I wished to say, at least of a serious nature." He paused to allow any queries to be put forth. If there were none, he would give one final announcement. One that he saved for last because it's intent was to bring excitement rather than worry. Better to end on a high note than the current one.
Messages In This Thread
RE: [Meeting] Trying to take what's lost and broken, make it right - by Dante RIP - July 15, 2015, 09:14 PM