Phoenix Maplewood Are there any left who haven't kissed the enemy?
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
All Welcome 
Detritus squelched between Nanook's toes, but the girl didn't give a care. Her gaze withdrew in a deep-set furrow, and the reality of the world around her blurred to a haze. For once the earth held no intrigue. She didn't care how the leaves had turned orange, or why the light seemed to shorten every day that passed. It was becoming clear that they were never going back to the Valley, and no one seemed to care but her.

The zeal that had consumed her at yesterday's rally gave way to bitterness again. For a few hours she had forgotten about papa and Xan, but once the adrenaline wore off and she remembered, a hatred boiled in her against this place, against her family, and against herself. Why hadn't she tried to get papa to follow? And why had mama brought them here? The sight of Scarlett's anger rose before her again, the fury in her crimson eyes. Nanook had had nothing to make of the rage she'd seen in mama, and the night refused to give way to a new order of thought. Mama had protected these wolves they didn't know, but why had she left papa and Xan? None of it made sense, and the girl's throat twisted with the urge to scream, but her pent up tension only released in a forceful kick and a flurry of mulch and broken leaves.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
Are there any left who haven't kissed the enemy? - by Nanook - October 18, 2015, 05:40 PM