Phoenix Maplewood Don't forget that I'm human
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
No kidding, she thought in response, but didn't give voice to the venomous words that hung from her tongue. Sebastian would get what was coming to him, of that she was certain. Whether it was at her jaws or someone else's didn't matter, and dwelling on it now would do nothing but add stress. She let the thought drift away and focused on the pull of his teeth. She winced occasionally whenever he snagged a particularly knotted clump of fur, but mostly his touch was comforting after so long being afraid.

Saena's ears wilted when he admitted his worry, though. She'd only intended to be gone a little while, a short trip to check out Redtail Rise, and she'd been missing much longer than that. She did this to him a lot. It would never quell her wanderer's spirit, for getting away was a necessity for Saena, but perhaps for a time she would linger close to home. It was for the best for both of them, anyway.

"I've been walking," she pointed out, "I think my side's broken." Was there one rib or many ribs? She didn't really know. She'd shown no interest in being a healer in her early life and she still had almost no interest in the trade now. "But my legs work fine." As if to demonstrate, she pulled herself to her feet, though not without a strangled cry behind tightly gritted teeth. If she could sweat, she would've been drenched just from the pain pulsing through her side and back and the effort of remaining on her feet in spite of it. Still, she proved herself stronger than she looked by keeping upright, and with a gentle pant, told him, "I don't think I can go too far yet."

As an afterthought, she reached down and gingerly plucked the rabbit off the forest floor. Even the effort of that was a strain. She was so used to hurting, though, that it was leaps and bounds better than what she'd been dealing with so far.
Messages In This Thread
Don't forget that I'm human - by Saēna - December 23, 2015, 10:31 AM
RE: Don't forget that I'm human - by Reek - December 23, 2015, 11:05 AM
RE: Don't forget that I'm human - by Saēna - December 23, 2015, 01:01 PM
RE: Don't forget that I'm human - by Reek - December 23, 2015, 01:27 PM
RE: Don't forget that I'm human - by Saēna - December 23, 2015, 01:44 PM
RE: Don't forget that I'm human - by Reek - December 23, 2015, 02:21 PM
RE: Don't forget that I'm human - by Saēna - December 24, 2015, 01:38 PM
RE: Don't forget that I'm human - by Reek - December 24, 2015, 02:44 PM
RE: Don't forget that I'm human - by Saēna - December 25, 2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Don't forget that I'm human - by Reek - December 25, 2015, 08:01 PM
RE: Don't forget that I'm human - by Saēna - December 27, 2015, 03:48 PM