Blackfeather Woods A Corpse in My Bed
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Hehe... Kove is so confused, meanwhile I am beyond amused ( ̄ω ̄;)

It was amusing, to say the least, hearing how she described the actions of his son. It was strange, even to the elder, but he'd since learned to just accept the way Xan acted and processed things. It made him his own person, after all, and the Inuit wouldn't take that individuality away from him—even if he apparently had the tendency to stalk women in the woods. That had been news to him, in all honesty, but he didn't doubt it. His "clone" had never been a fan of new faces, and to feel as if he was actually warming up to someone might be a terrifying thing for him to experience. Keeping his distance and stalking was, perhaps, his way of coping with whatever sense of security he was beginning to develop. Again, Kove found the notion to be an odd one, but not at all surprising. The only thing he found to be surprising was the light tone the shadow had taken on, as well as her agreement towards his previous statement. It made his heart stop for a moment, skipping a single beat before falling back into a steady rhythm once more. That feeling, too, caught him off guard. Was he falling ill? He poked his tongue out and ran it across his lips, uncertain of what it was that he'd just felt. "Alright," he said, drawing the word out unintentionally. "I'll start putting time aside to seek you out." The man's voice was void of any and all humourous tones, the fact that he was being completely serious something unable to be missed or ignored.

On the topic of his son, the Apaata man listened closely to each word spoken. He, too, had noticed the initial distance between himself and his son directly after their move, but never would he have guessed that the boy would go out and speak to someone he didn't know about something so personal. It was not concerning, but viewed as an interesting development. Again, he found himself growing amazed by the obsidian woman, certain that she truly was a miracle worker. There was something about her that drew him towards her, and he presumed his son had felt, and continued to feel, that very same sensation—but to a lesser degree, of course. "Thank you," Kove said then, the statement leaving his mouth without any prior warning. "For speaking with him, and not chasing him off when he looks for you. I'm sure his presence isn't always wanted, but I appreciate you allowing him to talk to you." With so many unfamiliar faces in Blackfeather, he didn't yet know who all he could trust around his son. Nemesis, however, was a special case. Alexander had chosen her, and the elder Inuit could not hep but feel... grateful, of all things, that he had. The feeling confused him greatly, like a puzzle that was missing the key pieces necessary for completion. He wanted to view the full picture, but simply couldn't. Not yet, anyways. Not until he found those missing pieces and figured out what it all meant.

When Nemesis averted her gaze, he felt a pang within his chest. Again, he worried over whether or not he was falling ill, having never experienced such feelings before. Even with Scarlett, his heart had never ached until she'd left him, taking his daughters along with her. Even then, the feeling was different from what he currently felt. Perhaps it was because of that, his lack of true love toward the albino woman, that left him ignorant to the intentions of his own heart. Without knowing he'd done so, the man had already chosen for himself a she-wolf he'd wished to spend his time with, though to draw up such a conclusion was not yet among his capabilities. "I don't know why, but hearing you say that makes me glad," he murmured, referring to her hope of lessening the gap in Xan's heart. Of course, he understood that he was appreciative of the fact due to Alexander being his son and the ghost wishing the best for his heir, but there was another feeling presented without a known cause. He could not place a label upon the sensation, or even begin to fathom what it meant for him, but he knew that he didn't dislike it. It was comforting and enjoyable, filling him with the need to be in Nemesis' presence as often as possible.

How odd it was, to develop feelings for someone he hardly knew, especially without noticing it was happening. Some might call it "true love", though that was a concept Kove viewed as existing only within fairy tales. He could not even begin to consider that it might be real, nor that he was becoming a victim of its unbreakable curse.
Messages In This Thread
A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - October 27, 2015, 04:34 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - October 27, 2015, 06:28 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - October 27, 2015, 11:18 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - November 06, 2015, 04:16 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - November 12, 2015, 10:39 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - November 19, 2015, 04:37 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - November 22, 2015, 09:25 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - December 15, 2015, 06:16 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - December 18, 2015, 05:23 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - December 20, 2015, 12:07 AM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - December 22, 2015, 03:33 AM