Dawnlark Plains Rain or Shine (III)
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nanook's ears slicked against her skull. Of course she knew it was rain, even a pup knew that, and she frowned in both embarrassment and offence. Yet the woman managed to cool Nanook's indignation when the alpha revealed herself to know as much about the phenomena as she.

Her question probed the Apaata's mind, and she turned her attention to the sky and bit her lip thoughtfully. There certainly seemed to be something special about this rain. Unlike the storm in the Valley, this one prickled her spine with its uncanny behaviour. If the sky had birthed Leo through the torrential rains in Bearclaw, Nanook couldn't imagine what this rain intended to bring.

Her alpha's sudden movement distracted Nanook from probing further. She caught sight of the woman just as she plunged into the downpour, and Nanook jumped from her crouch with a sharp yelp of alarm. Something terrible would happen, and Nanook locked her gaze tight on the prone figure on the other side of the curtain. But the rain did nothing more than forge rivulets through her alpha's fur, and Nanook's heart steadied with every second that passed.

Nothing had changed on Nanook's side of the curtain but Nanook herself, and she didn't as much give the rain another sniff before she plunged herself into the downpour alongside her alpha. The rain met her with a constancy that made her squint, but the liquid did little more than drench her. She turned to Saena to say something, but the words escaped the moment she saw the older woman with fur plastered tight to her body and soggy like the grass. A strange warmth tickled her chest and something a kin to a giggle slipped from her mouth. She had never seen an adult look so funny before, and the sight made her forget the fear she had felt just moments before.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
Rain or Shine (III) - by ThE nArRaToR - November 15, 2015, 11:28 AM
RE: Rain or Shine (III) - by Saēna - November 21, 2015, 11:17 AM
RE: Rain or Shine (III) - by Nanook - November 21, 2015, 07:33 PM
RE: Rain or Shine (III) - by Saēna - November 23, 2015, 09:04 PM
RE: Rain or Shine (III) - by Nanook - December 04, 2015, 11:10 PM
RE: Rain or Shine (III) - by Saēna - December 11, 2015, 06:17 PM
RE: Rain or Shine (III) - by Nanook - December 28, 2015, 07:26 PM
RE: Rain or Shine (III) - by Saēna - January 24, 2016, 01:24 PM