Redhawk Caldera let's run, not walk.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
OMG I'M SO EXCITED!  Fin is terrible and I apologize for her.

She hadn't known that Somnia was back.  Well, Elwood probably had said something about it to her, but paying attention and remembering things had never been talents of hers.  It took her a minute to realize who it was approaching her, and then running into her in a wolfish hug and exclaiming happily at her.  Fin stood still, staring blankly at the girl as though she were some harmless curiosity - like a snail that could sing showtunes.  After a few seconds, the scent of the girl triggered the memory in her mind, and Finley... Well, she actually didn't change her expression at all.

Somnia.

The last time Fin had spoken of the former gamma was an angry, accusatory rant about how she had tried to undermine her and make a fool of her before the entire pack in an effort to steal Elwood from her.  It had been ugly.  Ugly words had been said, ugly feelings confessed.  That was a long time ago though, and Somnia had disappeared allowing Finley many months to get over her insecurities.  She had Elwood now, and she had Eljay.  They were a family, solid, unbreakable.  Plus, Fin had matured.  She was a mother now for gods sake! Somnia meant no harm, and even if she did, Finley Blackthorn would rise above with grace and confidence.  Or she'd try anyway.

"Well, whaddya know..." Fin murmured, giving her tail a light wag before dropping her catch to the ground at her paws.  "I had heard that about normal wolves," she commented, her grin broadening, "It's an unfortunate truth."  She settled onto her haunches, fixing Somnia with a friendly gaze.  "It's good to have you back," she said, though in the dark, insecure and wildly imaginative corners of her mind, she pictured Somnia luring Elwood into a deep dark cave and flaunting her goodies at him in a rather terrible-to-have-you-back sort of way...  I wonder if it's possible to mature in 30 seconds.  Fin resolved to give it a shot right then.

Messages In This Thread
let's run, not walk. - by Finley - December 11, 2015, 07:26 PM
RE: let's run, not walk. - by Somnia - December 29, 2015, 12:23 PM
RE: let's run, not walk. - by Finley - January 06, 2016, 08:04 PM
RE: let's run, not walk. - by Somnia - January 10, 2016, 08:11 PM
RE: let's run, not walk. - by Finley - January 14, 2016, 08:30 PM