Blackfeather Woods A Corpse in My Bed
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
[Image: tamaki13.gif]

The ghost had expected to be reprimanded for his direct actions. There were few who would tolerate such motions, and he hadn't expected Nemesis to be someone who would let him get away with it. However, she'd surprised him. He found her reaction... cute? No, that couldn't be it. He could not hold any fondness for her, he was unable to do so. It was the curse his family carried, after all. They fell in love only once in each of their lifetimes, and that was it. Of course, if someone's lover were to suddenly pass away, many would take on another, but the affections felt towards them would not be the same as the first. In his mind, he was certain Scarlett had been the love of his life, the only one who would ever hold his heart. In spite of those thoughts, however, something stirred in his chest when he looked upon the woman before him. Something pulled him towards her and, for a moment, he'd considered the possibility that the albino hadn't been his true love. In all honesty, he should have realized it far sooner than he had, for the lack of yearning to be in her presence was evidence enough. He did not miss Scarlett, he was not capable of missing her, for she was not the one he'd been meant to hold emotions towards. She was not the one he was meant to live his life beside, to create a family with. He wasn't yet certain, consciously, of who truly filled that position, but he knew it not to be the mother of his children.

When she had finally been able to find her voice, another span of wise words left her mouth. Again, he could not help but agree with them, though it seemed this time that was all he could do. His own tongue could not form anything more to say, and he thought it to be the end of their encounter. Kove didn't want for her to leave, though. He'd wanted for her to stay, to simply remain at his side even if only for a few moments longer. It'd confused him as to why he'd desired such closeness to her, for his mind had yet to piece together all that was happening around, and within, him. To even consider that he felt feelings towards her was out of the question entirely. The simple fact that they hardly knew one another was reason enough to keep him away from thinking such things. With all he'd witnessed, however, he really shouldn't have thought that way over such a small detail. In the past, he'd witnessed others fall in love a mere second after meeting for the first time. In some cases, one just knew who they were meant to stand beside and protect from the very beginning, but for some reason he didn't want to believe such was possible for him. The wolf who could read emotions so well, could catch even the slightest of micro expressions from a mile away, didn't want to accept his own feelings. When the distance between them became nonexistent, though, he couldn't help but think that he might be forced to face what he was feeling right then and there.

Something that had started as a simple nudge for comforting purposes bloomed into so much more. He'd remained motionless, like a statue, as she'd pressed deeper into his fur and then remained there. For a moment, he'd held his breath, not wanting to disturb her. Automatically, he'd forced himself to think he was reading too much into the gesture, but the thumping of his heart would not settle for such absurd excuses. Hesitantly, his head drifted forward before coming to a rest atop her own, his eyes closing as he'd savoured her touch. It'd seemed as if she was only there for a second, however, before she'd pulled away. He knew they'd remained there longer, in the back of his mind, but the gesture had affected him so heavily that time had sped up. The feeling he'd longed for since he was old enough to understand the concept of love had settled into his chest—into his heart—yet he still didn't want to think such an event had occurred. Despite that, he could not deny what he was feeling. He just couldn't push his own emotions to the side, he couldn't force himself to respond any differently towards her. It was in that moment that he realized he wanted to grow closer to her, to truly figure out if what he was feeling was real or not. Believing that his chance to do so would be taken away upon her apparent departure had him feeling lost, for he still did not wish for her to go. For a second, he simply stood in place and observed her movements, before noticing how slow they truly were. Without thinking, his legs started moving in her direction, and before he knew it he was following her. He was pursuing that who he believed himself to want and need, and would not give up until his mind was settled.
Messages In This Thread
A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - October 27, 2015, 04:34 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - October 27, 2015, 06:28 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - October 27, 2015, 11:18 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - November 06, 2015, 04:16 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - November 12, 2015, 10:39 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - November 19, 2015, 04:37 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - November 22, 2015, 09:25 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - December 15, 2015, 06:16 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - December 18, 2015, 05:23 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - December 20, 2015, 12:07 AM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - December 22, 2015, 03:33 AM