Moonspear as my dreams are falling apart
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
<3 *coughs* >;p

Tev hadn't wanted company. In fact, he'd been doing rather well with avoiding company though this had likely only accomplished because he'd spent a few days away from Moonspear, camping out in Ouroboros Spine to ensure that he didn't have to come in contact with anyone for a time. It had helped him to clear his head a bit, though being left alone to his thoughts and plans had simply allowed his resolve to harden. Ragnar hadn't backed down. Neither would he. When Ragnar had not immediately gotten what he wanted he kept pushing. So would Tev. Perhaps Ragnar had held a distinct advantage (at least in experience) but Floki wasn't any more experienced than Tev himself; and surely bossing around your siblings counted for something. It was the same thing but with more and very real power. It was a responsibility. Tev understood this ...and wanted it. They had wanted Jorunn back ...and they would have him. Arrogance, dominance and stubbornness galore. All of it. The timid (and perhaps even polite) boy he'd became in the presence of the Frostfurs was gone, at any rate. Dead. Whatever. He had nothing to fear anymore; and if worse came to worse he could survive on his own (though Thistle swore she wouldn't stand for it, but she had no power he reasoned. Charon had stolen that away from her).

There was a distinct sound of footfalls against the rocky terrain of the mount and Tev visibly rolled his eyes at the horizon and contemplated climbing higher. But the frigid air was harsh in his lungs as it was and he didn't particularly want to climb any higher, for his own safety. Given that he didn't want to fall to his death with a misstep it appeared as if he was going to have to deal with company, but there was nothing that said he had to deal with it gracefully (because had no intentions of it).

The voice that greeted him, as familiar to him as his own brought with the feel of a knife twisting in his heart. Pained. Because he wanted to be acknowledged as Floki was, because he wanted to be Beta too, because he felt horrible for not feeling proud and happy for him. It was a struggle and one hell of a tightrope to walk; but he was determined to walk it. He wished his brother would not have sought him out. His birthday had passed without much notice ...at least this was how it felt to him. No one had celebrated it with him. No. He was Floki's shadow now. Barely existent. Tevinter was not born to be a shadow, however and he would not stand being cast aside like he was some spare.

He was the dominate of their litter. He was the Kjalarr — the Nourisher. It was him that Odinn favored.  Tev should have trusted in the Allfather ...but the truth was he didn't. He made his own fate. For a long moment the older twin was silent before, slowly, he spared Floki a glimpse over his shoulder. He wasn't mad at Floki. Not really. His issue lay with Charon at the end ...it always did. “Congratulations,” It was blunt as he spoke it. Stoic. Good. Stoic was good. “I never knew you wanted to be a leader,” Tev spoke absently. “that was always my thing.”

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
as my dreams are falling apart - by Kjalarr - January 05, 2016, 06:09 PM
RE: as my dreams are falling apart - by Floki - January 11, 2016, 01:18 PM
RE: as my dreams are falling apart - by Kjalarr - January 12, 2016, 06:02 PM
RE: as my dreams are falling apart - by Floki - January 14, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: as my dreams are falling apart - by Kjalarr - January 14, 2016, 02:48 PM