Phoenix Maplewood Bad news, good news
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady heard their words, his brain processed they were moving further away from him, but he couldn't quite respond to any of it yet. He felt so... sad. Scarlett was a lovely wolf, and all Steady had thought about since their meeting was getting to know her better. Now, it seemed, he would never get that opportunity.

His gaze moved to where Mason and Desna were talking, his face contorting in distaste when he realized how he was acting. Steady didn't feel he had any right to just shut down when Desna, Scarlett's daughter, had much more of a reason to. He couldn't imagine how she was feeling right now. Still, he couldn't quite deny that Scarlett did mean something to him, even after just the one meeting.

Standing, he walked to the pair, his gaze on Desna, his body language still respectful. I'm so sorry, Desna. Your mother is a wonderful wolf, he told her softly. He didn't want to speak in terms of Scarlett being gone, because she wasn't. And, on some level, Steady still held hope that Scarlett would recover.

Not having overheard their conversation regarding caregiving, Steady had no idea where to go from here. He felt it would be rude to ask Desna to call for Reek when the healer obviously had a lot on his plate right now. Still, maybe Desna knew this area better than they did. I was wondering if you knew of a nearby pack that might have a healer that could help us out? While deep inside, Steady wanted to stay and be updated, he knew that wouldn't be respectful to anyone.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
Bad news, good news - by Steady - January 10, 2016, 11:48 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Mason - January 11, 2016, 05:46 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by RIP Valette - January 11, 2016, 01:24 PM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Steady - January 11, 2016, 08:00 PM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Mason - January 12, 2016, 04:34 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by RIP Valette - January 12, 2016, 06:39 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Steady - January 12, 2016, 07:57 PM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Mason - January 13, 2016, 05:10 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by RIP Valette - January 13, 2016, 11:59 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Steady - January 15, 2016, 06:26 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Mason - January 15, 2016, 11:16 AM