Phoenix Maplewood Bad news, good news
uncurbed, unreined, and riderless
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
Mason felt a bit affronted at her immediate denial. Then he reminded himself that she was in danger of losing a mother and it was likely to make anyone a bit snippy. She did also add that she appreciated the offer, and he felt his pride mend a little bit. He took comfort in knowing that she would come and seek them out if they truly fell onto bad times. Mason followed her pretty eye sback towards Steady. Mason shrugged awkwardly. “Yeah… it’ll probably take a while though.” He intoned quietly in response.

Desna suddenly provided a nugget of caretaker wisdom. Mason was quite shocked to hear her say this about her own mother – the wounds must be truly terrible to think  this. But the truth rang in his heart – surely it was better to slip into eternal rest, than to continue living in pain and suffering. Mason’s ears were plastered again his neck as she carried on, his heart going out to this beautiful young girl who was going through such a rough time.

When she had said her piece, Mason sat down next to her, close enough to feel the tips of her hairs touch the tips of his. He leaned in carefully to press his nose gently to her cheek for a couple of moments, “I’m sorry you are going through this Desna. It’s awful to lose a mother, and I can’t imagine what it is like to watch her in so much pain. I think you’re right to want what she wants – I think if she is giving up fighting then there is a reason, because I am sure she would not want to leave you unless she doesn’t think she can make it.” Mason hoped his words didn’t rub salt into wounds. He wanted to be supportive. The loss of his mother had rocked his world for about two weeks, but he was young, and he had bounced back with barely a memory of that time. He knew she would not be so lucky.

It was at this point that Steady got up and padded over to them. Mason watched him come and allowed one wag of his tail. He shuffled so that he was a little bit further from Desna, to incorporate his Uncle back into the conversation. Steady asked about any other Medics. “I wouldn’t both calling Redhawk Caldera, “Mason added to his Uncle’s words with disgust evident in his tone, “they don’t come when you call.”
Messages In This Thread
Bad news, good news - by Steady - January 10, 2016, 11:48 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Mason - January 11, 2016, 05:46 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by RIP Valette - January 11, 2016, 01:24 PM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Steady - January 11, 2016, 08:00 PM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Mason - January 12, 2016, 04:34 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by RIP Valette - January 12, 2016, 06:39 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Steady - January 12, 2016, 07:57 PM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Mason - January 13, 2016, 05:10 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by RIP Valette - January 13, 2016, 11:59 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Steady - January 15, 2016, 06:26 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Mason - January 15, 2016, 11:16 AM