Emberflame Ridge I'm not alive if I'm lonely
5 Posts
Ooc — Lyric
Thank you for starting this for us! :)

Indigo kept mostly to herself in her travels, still unwilling to put her trust in others thus far, and having no reason to branch out other than the sheer fact she was a pack wolf at heart.  However, this was the first time in her almost three years of life that she'd been considered a loner, that meant she was without the safety of her family or numbers to feel completely safe. Surprisingly, this reality didn't seem to bother Indigo on the surface, but a part of the burnt charcoal wolf yearned to lift her voice along with the haunting cries and howls she heard at night echoing over the valleys and mountainside, wanting to be apart of something once more. That feeling, she figured, would always remain. She'd never been without her family unit until now, but for the time being, Indigo decided she'd savor these days of solitude, do a little a soul searching herself. So for now, the she wolf ignored her instincts to band with others, wanting to acquaint herself more with these new lands before making any rash decisions. 

The dark furred female had been getting more of a mental map of these lands with each passing day, making notes of areas where lands were claimed and where new scents had begun to amass.  There were many packs in the area as far as she could discern, and she took care to keep her own paws well away from their heavily marked borders. She sometimes observed the various pack wolves and loners that frequented these parts, studying their interactions with one another, but for the most part, Indigo kept to herself. 

She was doing much the same today when a pair of voices caught her attention and pulled her away from the snowshoe she'd been tracking for an early lunch.  Normally Indigo would've simply changed her own direction and sauntered off into the shadows, but there was something intriguing about the dialogue shared between a male and female that had caused the lone wolf to stay and linger. She soon spotted them after hunkering down in the thicket, a pair of dark wolves like herself though the female was much smaller. The unknown she wolf spoke of claiming the volcano nearby. Were these wolves trying to establish a pack?

It wouldn't do to be caught stalking the pair, so Indigo quietly crept out of her spot and loped off a few yards, better for them to see a lone wolf ahead on their path rather than finding a surprise from behind. She huffed slightly on the snowy path, unable to see them just yet, but confident they'd come across her soon enough. She nosed at the ground, playing natural as if she was still tracking that snowshoe rabbit.
Messages In This Thread
I'm not alive if I'm lonely - by Jolon - January 21, 2016, 03:55 PM
RE: I'm not alive if I'm lonely - by Asterr - January 22, 2016, 12:23 AM
RE: I'm not alive if I'm lonely - by Indigo - January 23, 2016, 12:42 PM
RE: I'm not alive if I'm lonely - by Jolon - January 23, 2016, 02:28 PM
RE: I'm not alive if I'm lonely - by Asterr - January 24, 2016, 11:04 AM
RE: I'm not alive if I'm lonely - by Jolon - February 16, 2016, 10:55 AM
RE: I'm not alive if I'm lonely - by Asterr - February 17, 2016, 06:24 PM
RE: I'm not alive if I'm lonely - by Jolon - March 11, 2016, 07:42 PM
RE: I'm not alive if I'm lonely - by Asterr - March 20, 2016, 02:26 AM