Lost Creek Hollow i know what i was feeling, but what was i thinking
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Last post for me!  We can probably just archive unless y'all want to post again?

Harlyn went to work as soon as the herbs were placed within her reach.  Her faith in Ilya had been well-placed.  Likely it would have been a good opportunity for her to do some teaching, but she was far too concerned for her friend to begin narrating and explaining what she was doing to the aspiring naturalist.  She focused instead of mixing and smoothing the salve over the angry wounds, her ears ever trained upon the beat of his heart and the passing of breath from his nostrils.  Both were faint sounds, but they were there.  Harlyn would only worry for them once the medicine was applied - sooner if they ceased altogether.

Once her work was complete, Harlyn settled back at his side.  She pressed herself close to keep him warm, but otherwise she did not touch him.  Her eyes were focused upon his face as he slept, her thoughts a blur of worry and prayer.  She was aware of Mordecai and Ilya nearby and was comforted by their presence, but she didn't speak to them just yet.  Soon she would.  She would thank them and let them know what it was she had done and what she thought of his condition.  She'd tell them what they would do next - move him to shelter, reapply his medicine, hunt down something for him to eat when he awakens.  All of that would be said in time.  But for now, Harlyn was silent, just watching him breathe.
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
Messages In This Thread
i know what i was feeling, but what was i thinking - by Luke - December 27, 2015, 01:31 PM
RE: i know what i was feeling, but what was i thinking - by Harlyn - February 22, 2016, 11:09 AM