Dragoncrest Cliffs my tree house is on fire
Γ‘sabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
Kjalarr couldn't help but feel like he was out of his depth as the walls around Octavia appeared to come crashing down the moment she had collapsed before him. Her tone was solemn as she responded to his question with a no, only further reiterating her unhappiness by informing him that she'd never wanted it. Kjalarr was silent, but he was attentive. He could not entirely sympathize with her, of course, but he understood the fun part. The difference was: his body wasn't mature enough to produce children and his fun had truly β€” or so he believed anyway β€” been harmless. It made him think to Ragnar: wondering if any of his flings or wives had ever been in a very similar situation to Octavia. He didn't know because Ragnar had probably never said anything to Thistle. Kjalarr's experiences were limited to dreams and experiences of his parents told through stories.Β 

At first, the northman hesitated unsure what to say β€” or if he had any advice to offer her. He was just a year old (or about to be very soon) and all he could do was to take her emotions and try to find a solution by attempting to place himself in her paws, by running the scenarios on what he might do. β€œThen don't do it,” Kjalarr spoke softly, breaking his previous and contemplative silence. β€œyou might not carry them to full term,” A miscarriage in and of itself was possible, he was pretty sure. β€œy'know in my culture a child has nine days for the parents to decide if they want to keep it. During this time it is lawful and morally acceptable to decide you aren't ready and let them to die.” It sounded cruel when Thistle had told him this ...but it didn't feel cruel leaving his lips now. During those first nine days the children could also be killed by members of the pack and nothing could be done as punishment against them. Kjalarr would have liked to believe that Ragnar would have never let that happen ...but he might have. It was their ways, it was the way of Odin (who also ate naughty children).

β€œIt is ok,” The berseker murmured soothingly. β€œit's ok to be scared, it's ok to not want it.” No one ever said you had to be overjoyed about expecting. Kjalarr (at the current point and time in his life) was certain he would never have children; wasn't sure that he ever wanted any. β€œI can't tell you want to do, Octavia, but I can tell you that you need to put your own happiness first because no one else will. If he doesn't make you happy: leave. If the children don't make you happy: give them up.” For someone as selfish as Kjalarr this was easy to put into action; but he was cut from a much harsher mold, born of an archaic fire that burned with a ruthlessness that matched Ragnar's own.

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more β€”

Messages In This Thread
my tree house is on fire - by RIP Tavi - March 30, 2016, 02:21 PM
RE: my tree house is on fire - by Kjalarr - March 30, 2016, 05:18 PM
RE: my tree house is on fire - by RIP Tavi - March 30, 2016, 08:07 PM
RE: my tree house is on fire - by Kjalarr - March 31, 2016, 06:29 PM
RE: my tree house is on fire - by RIP Tavi - March 31, 2016, 06:49 PM