Hushed Willows Mythic
what's done is never done
385 Posts
Ooc —
"No," he said softly. "Leading is not difficult for me." He thought about what she said, and the events that had caused her to say it. He had only met her a handful of times, but Warbone had come across many wolves in his life, and over such a time one grew to know things. He shifted his head, looking down at her, studying her even as she studied him. Her face was drawn with anxiety, even in her relaxation, and the taut lines of her face bore clearly the unneeded stress of an expectant mother. It did not bode well for the litter she carried, and this thought drew his analyzing eye to the supple curve of her belly. She carried life within her— an exhaustive experience surely, and probably more of a miracle overall because of it.

The Solothurn breathed heavily through his nostrils, angling his head forward again so that he might resume his scanning of their surroundings. He would not have anyone approach them in this moment. "It is a pity you are not sure," he said after a while. "But you and your partner did not share the same values, making it harder on you than it should have been, so I understand why you might not want to return to the task." He glanced at her, finding himself keen on the way she lay, how soft she looked at this angle. "The first time we met, you were the only one of the two of you to have the appropriate reaction to my presence," he rumbled, his dead eyes flashing. "I think even then I knew I was fond of you." Octavia certainly had the makings of an unshakable leader, but betrayal from those closest to you tended to do irreparable damage at will.

He didn't yet know that Reek's deal with the Dragons had been the catalyst to their split, but all the same, he didn't imagine that it was the type of thing she had approved of, if he knew her as well as he thought he did. He decided to ask. "I am curious, though, of how you came to accept the deal he made with Thuringwethil. I was present when the pact was offered and accepted, and he did not take the time to consider it at all." He frowned at the memory. "But oh to be a fly on the wall of your den that evening. I am sure the pillow talk was wonderful," he jested impishly, licking his chops. Because surely if she hadn't agreed with Reek's decision, someone would've shown up at Sleeping Dragon to inform them the deal was off. Right?

Just realized my posts last night were GARBAGE and ridic short tho. I'm sorry >> lol it was like 4am, my brain was not having it
if sins were etched into the surface of bones,
i’d need another skeleton to record all my wrongs
Messages In This Thread
Mythic - by Warbone - April 21, 2016, 02:54 AM
RE: Mythic - by RIP Tavi - April 21, 2016, 03:04 AM
RE: Mythic - by Warbone - April 21, 2016, 03:20 AM
RE: Mythic - by RIP Tavi - April 21, 2016, 03:30 AM
RE: Mythic - by Warbone - April 21, 2016, 03:44 AM
RE: Mythic - by RIP Tavi - April 21, 2016, 03:53 AM
RE: Mythic - by Warbone - April 21, 2016, 09:54 AM
RE: Mythic - by RIP Tavi - April 21, 2016, 12:39 PM
RE: Mythic - by Warbone - April 22, 2016, 09:14 AM