Sleeping Dragon accelerating fast i could do this in a second
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
She was picking her way through the geyser field, finding something soothing (if odd) about the sulfuric steam that seemed ever present there. Magpie knew much of the earth, for the Corvidae were both travelers and storytellers, but there was a difference between hearing of such wonders and actually experiencing them yourself. Thus far, the geysers were underwhelming— there were various mounds in the earth, their centers hollow, and the earth seemed warmer than what was seasonally natural. She supposed it was pleasant enough... the heat was relaxing, and something about the acrid scent of the air felt cleansing.

Unfortunately, it seemed she was not yet used to it; Magpie couldn't seem to decipher any scents beyond the geysers, and the sound of the male's gentle chuff nearly startled her out of her skin. She spun around defensively, but relaxed immediately upon seeing him and that he posed no threat, even as a curse was exhumed from her lips, "Shi—!"

A geyser to her left, too-close, chose that moment to erupt in a tall spray of super-heated water. Magpie nearly fell over as she scrambled to dodge the unexpected "attack", yelping, "FUCK!" quite loudly.

So much for first impressions.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
RE: accelerating fast i could do this in a second - by OG Magpie - April 25, 2016, 10:43 PM