The Bracken Woods I wonder where I wander
42 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
With a final glance back at Zephyr, Denali began to pad through the forest, nostrils flared as he followed the scent. Where. . .oh, there. He saw one, nestled beside a tree trunk, velvety nose twitching idly. Denali resisted the urge to salivate at the sight and crouched as low as his big body would allow, slinking slowly towards the tiny creature.

A fallen twig cracked suddenly, loudly, under his paw, and the rabbit turned its gaze on the wolf in alarm. It fled. Denali made a leap towards it, ready to sink its claws into the creature, and let out a muttered "Shit!" as his paws landed on the forest floor, the fruits of his labor having raced into its burrow.

Gritting his teeth in frustration, Denali rose to full height again, turning and giving Zephyr a rueful look. "Well, damn," he remarked, his voice barely a whisper, so as not to disturb other prey around--and there was other prey; he could smell it. "You can give it a go next. There's one I scent over there," Denali murmured, jerking his head to his right.

Denali would give it a few more tries before calling it quits; his frustration would soon blind his senses, leading him to further and further failures. If he wasn't meant to bring food back to this alpha, well, so be it. He would remain alone.

Messages In This Thread
I wonder where I wander - by Denaleee - May 15, 2016, 07:46 PM
RE: I wonder where I wander - by Zephyr Maverick - May 16, 2016, 07:14 PM
RE: I wonder where I wander - by Denaleee - May 16, 2016, 10:32 PM
RE: I wonder where I wander - by Zephyr Maverick - May 17, 2016, 05:34 AM
RE: I wonder where I wander - by Denaleee - May 17, 2016, 12:44 PM
RE: I wonder where I wander - by Zephyr Maverick - May 17, 2016, 01:25 PM
RE: I wonder where I wander - by Denaleee - May 17, 2016, 02:59 PM
RE: I wonder where I wander - by Zephyr Maverick - May 18, 2016, 06:20 PM
RE: I wonder where I wander - by Denaleee - May 18, 2016, 06:55 PM
RE: I wonder where I wander - by Zephyr Maverick - May 18, 2016, 07:12 PM
RE: I wonder where I wander - by Denaleee - May 18, 2016, 07:24 PM