The Floodlands feel like i don't even know me
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
For the first time since the titan had made contact with the coywolf Arturo began to feel like they were getting somewhere, for words were the Fearghal monarch's chosen weapon, to dissuade, to inspire, to compromise; but Arturo did not fancy himself a fool and did not let his guard slip, nor did he find comfort in the brief lapse of aggression. He had learned not to underestimate — learning to never abandon his caution even when things appeared to be operating smoothly. Nothing was over until it was over, that was simply how it was, and this wasn't over. The titan met Arturo's fiery orange-red gaze and for a moment the intensity of the wolf's gaze unsettled the coywolf. Having eyes meet his own was not, admittedly, something he was accustomed to but his reputation did not yet exist in these Wilds, and he was not, presently, a leader of any sort — just another loner wandering the skeletal remains of the Teekons. This took some adjusting that Arturo felt himself admittedly struggling with. The Fearghal monarch would always be the Ceannasach of his Family but Arturo understood that here and now that meant little.

Above all this was business, an exchange between two men that would either end well or it wouldn't. “I accept all,” It was the truth: though those who joined the Fearghal monarch (or alternatively that were born Fearghal) were expected to either be apart of operations or look the other way which required a certain degree of callousness. “though admittedly, your manners could use some work.” Words spoken with a twitch of Arturo's lips upwards ever so slightly. For a brief moment, the stranger reminded him of a much larger, much more dangerous version of his children when they'd been babes. They, too, had been savages: taking what they wanted because they could, acting as if the world owed them something, feral little beasts but they had learned — so too could adults.

The wolf spoke that he, too, sought to build his own empire within the Teekon, and posed the question to Arturo: what would convince the titan to drop his own ambitions and join with him? It was a fair question, and when Arturo applied it to himself he knew what would be his response: nothing. “If that is truly your desire then nothing,” Arturo began and then added, “regardless, neither of us are building anything in this fucking wasteland as it is now. There are always benefits from working together, even if you go your way and I go mine.” Even if the Titan would not join the pack that Arturo sought to build and instead built his own — when, or if, life returned to these Wilds — there were always proposals of an alliance, always benefits to be forged in the Fearghal's mind.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
feel like i don't even know me - by Arturo - May 12, 2016, 05:03 PM
RE: feel like i don't even know me - by Skellige - May 14, 2016, 08:54 PM
RE: feel like i don't even know me - by Arturo - May 15, 2016, 06:45 AM
RE: feel like i don't even know me - by Skellige - May 20, 2016, 01:29 AM
RE: feel like i don't even know me - by Arturo - May 20, 2016, 04:45 PM
RE: feel like i don't even know me - by Skellige - May 22, 2016, 12:03 AM
RE: feel like i don't even know me - by Arturo - May 22, 2016, 05:32 AM
RE: feel like i don't even know me - by Skellige - May 31, 2016, 02:49 PM