Duck Lake Show and tell
Though she be but little, she is fierce.
44 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Private 

After leaving the smelly mire and traveling through a quiet glade, Qamar and her newfound acquaintance approached a peaceful lake, made more beautiful by the towering aspens surrounding its western shore. This little slice of heaven was a bit closer to Ryūjin territory than that of the neighboring tribe, so Qamar felt much more at ease here.

The silver female walked up to the edge of the lake, the cool water lapping at her paws, and stared down into it. The white-barked aspen trunks and branches cast faint shadows on the surface. The sky above was a light gray, very cloudy, as it tended to be throughout the rainy spring. Only seldom did a ray of sun peek out to lend some warmth to the ground below.

Qamar looked over at Orkan, green eyes into grey. He had told her before they took off earlier that he had some knowledge of fishing but that was room for improvement. Likewise, she had told Asterr that she would be willing to teach wolves--current members or new recruits--how to fish during this famine. This was as good a time as any to start.

"Some wolves fish by reaching into the water and flinging the fish out, while others dive in with their mouths and catch them underwater," Qamar told Orkan. "My father taught me the latter technique, and that's what I prefer. You can feel free to try both and figure out which one suits you best."

She looked back down into the water and saw several fish flitting about in the shallows. While these waters wasn't quite as stocked as Arrow Lake back in the mountains, it was still a respectable place to hunt. She waited until one of the scaly creatures got close, then struck, slamming her face open-mouthed into the cold water and feeling disappointment when her jaws clamped on empty air.

"Bad luck," Qamar gasped after lifting her head and shaking droplets from her fur. "Hopefully you show me up," she added with a wry grin.
Messages In This Thread
Show and tell - by Qamar - May 26, 2016, 08:58 PM
RE: Show and tell - by Orkan - May 30, 2016, 11:50 PM
RE: Show and tell - by Qamar - May 31, 2016, 12:37 AM
RE: Show and tell - by Orkan - May 31, 2016, 11:33 PM
RE: Show and tell - by Qamar - June 01, 2016, 01:38 AM
RE: Show and tell - by Orkan - June 02, 2016, 10:34 PM
RE: Show and tell - by Qamar - June 03, 2016, 10:23 PM
RE: Show and tell - by Orkan - June 07, 2016, 09:24 PM
RE: Show and tell - by Qamar - June 07, 2016, 10:58 PM
RE: Show and tell - by Orkan - June 12, 2016, 10:04 PM