Two Rivers Isle They said hello
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
It was refreshing to drink clear, cool water instead of the muddy soup that made up Frogspawn Swamp. Grayday was glad for the change, even though he wasn't too comfortable with leaving his new companion alone for too long. He'd told her to stay put, and that he'd be back a little later, but he wasn't sure she'd really been listening.

It was a hot day, so Grayday waded into river as he drank, and when he'd saited himself, he rolled around in the water until his usually fluffy coat hung off him like bog skirt. He emerged sopping wet from the river, tongue lolling out in contentment, and shook himself off until his coat spiked out in all directions. Perhaps the silly she-wolf he'd left at the swamp would help him groom it back to its usual luster.

He trotted along the river, following the scent of wolf, until he caught sight of the individual in question. Gray took a moment to admire the way her fur caught the light, blinking at him as she moved - like dying embers, he thought. As he watched, the female crashed her head into the water, and emerged with a flipping, silver body in her mouth.

Grayday couldn't help but gape. She's fishing like a bear, he thought, his mind flicking through all the times he'd seen them pull salmon from the creeks. His pack had sometimes hung around, waiting for one of them to drop scraps. They'd never even tried to copy the maneuver, but this wolf was clearly experiencing some success. He turned speculatively toward the water, but saw nothing glittering beneath the surface. Probably just due to his bad eyesight, but it seemed silly to try when he couldn't even see his prey.

"That's incredible," he called to the wolf, trotting toward her and stopping a few yards away. "I don't know why I've never thought of fishing that way."
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
They said hello - by Cearney - May 28, 2016, 04:55 AM
RE: They said hello - by Grayday Sr. - June 02, 2016, 09:09 AM
RE: They said hello - by Cearney - June 02, 2016, 10:35 AM
RE: They said hello - by Grayday Sr. - June 02, 2016, 01:45 PM