Hushed Willows would you still love me the same.
all you did will be undone
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
A month. He had been trying to aid the Marauders at that time. Had his hunt for food led him to this ragtag group she described? Octavia's brow furrowed as she listened, and her ears swivelled to catch the explanations. The woman looked so forlorn and so hungry - but her own family was the same. They were all hungry. Could Tavi really be expected to honor this deal when she couldn't confirm its validity? Could she do it, knowing that this woman, her followers, her children, would be taking resources away from her own bouncing bundle of joy? The Keep housed one healer and at least one, maybe two herbalists, already. They had warriors too, but not many. Tavi wasn't sure what to do — and it was clear what Warbone would've done had he been here to greet this woman instead. If what she's saying is the truth, Tavi's sceptical brain reminded her.

When the stranger mentioned her children, Octavia felt her heart swell. Her worries diminished as she listened, and instead her empathy grew immense in its place. She was silent through this segment of the exchange, letting the stranger have her time to explain and to make things known, yet when her voice shifted Octavia couldn't help but wonder, is this what I would sound like? Would I beg someone to save me and Tambourine? Warbone had done that for her. He had accepted her without question, protected her until Tambourine had been born. He must have seen something within this woman - and her wolves - to make him react the same way for them. If she told the truth (and Octavia was, oddly enough, choosing to believe her rather than do the natural thing and drive her off), then Warbone would expect Tavi to honor the deal.

We have room, she mumbled, having lost a little of her confidence when faced with such pleading, such emotion. If Octavia had chosen to leave with Tambourine at any point, she would be in the same position as this woman. Imagining that - and seeing how pained this mother appeared to be when faced with the struggles of surviving this famine - Tavi couldn't help but empathize, even if it was out of character for her to do so. I am also a mother. I cannot imagine the struggle of.. Of being alone in the wilderness. Of wandering with children and keeping them safe. We can keep them safe. A thin smile crept across her face a moment later as she asked, What am I to call you?
Messages In This Thread
would you still love me the same. - by Harlyn - June 03, 2016, 07:50 AM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by RIP Tavi - June 03, 2016, 01:20 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by Harlyn - June 03, 2016, 04:56 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by RIP Tavi - June 03, 2016, 11:43 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by Harlyn - June 04, 2016, 08:19 AM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by RIP Tavi - June 04, 2016, 01:14 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by Harlyn - June 04, 2016, 02:05 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by RIP Tavi - June 04, 2016, 02:44 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by Harlyn - June 04, 2016, 03:48 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by RIP Tavi - June 04, 2016, 03:55 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by Stark - June 05, 2016, 09:53 PM