Redhawk Caldera out of feathers out of bones.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
"His name was Hawkin," Fin continued, emboldened very slightly by the fact that he didn't seem at all upset, "Colt and I left our pack together when we were yearlings and were taken in after a few months by another pack. He and Hawkin became best friends and I became Hawkin's mate after just a couple of weeks." 

They had been young and stupid and smitten, Fin most fall. But that didn't need to be said, not in her opinion. "Hawkin wasn't the greatest..." she continued, shame creeping upon her for how foolish and idiotic she'd been, "He didn't treat me well after a while. He put me down.. A lot. Blamed everything bad that happened on me, and twisted every argument into something that I had done wrong and made everything my fault. He told me I was immature and selfish, and careless. And that I mess up everything I touch. And... Other stuff..." Fin winced at the memory of his words as though the mere thought of them tore open scars upon her skin.

"I was an idiot though, and I just put up with it because of how stupidly in love with him I was," Fin said after a pause, "Even when he started cheating on me, I just turned a blind eye because I was afraid of losing him. He had his own problems and would fall in and out of these depressions. He was sick, and sometimes he'd get so sweet and apologetic that I felt terrible about myself that I was ever angry with him for the things he did and said. And then he'd just do it all over again..."

Fin shifted her weight and dropped her gaze to her paws, knowing she couldn't go back now and there was no more room in her story to delay what was coming. "I tried to leave him a few times, but it only ever stuck.. once," she whispered as tears returned to her eyes, "It was during one of his depressions when he was apologizing for the way he'd been treating me again. This time I told him I was done listening to his crap when I knew he'd just go back and put me through it again. When I left, it was just to cool down and give him time to stew. I was going to go back to him in the morning and see.. But..."

"They found him a few miles down the river. He'd gone out on the ice and it broke," she said finally, her entire body shaking visibly while she stared at the woods around them, not seeing a single tree.

Messages In This Thread
out of feathers out of bones. - by Finley - June 14, 2016, 07:40 PM
RE: out of feathers out of bones. - by Elwood - June 14, 2016, 08:13 PM
RE: out of feathers out of bones. - by Finley - June 14, 2016, 08:32 PM
RE: out of feathers out of bones. - by Elwood - June 14, 2016, 08:40 PM
RE: out of feathers out of bones. - by Finley - June 14, 2016, 09:02 PM
RE: out of feathers out of bones. - by Elwood - June 14, 2016, 09:17 PM
RE: out of feathers out of bones. - by Finley - June 14, 2016, 09:23 PM
RE: out of feathers out of bones. - by Elwood - June 14, 2016, 09:32 PM
RE: out of feathers out of bones. - by Finley - June 14, 2016, 09:50 PM
RE: out of feathers out of bones. - by Elwood - June 14, 2016, 10:00 PM
RE: out of feathers out of bones. - by Finley - June 14, 2016, 10:07 PM