The Floodlands feel like i don't even know me
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Arturo, swept in the delicacies of politics as he was, almost forgot why they were even having this conversation in the first place: the small vole he hovered protectively over, still. Oh, he planned to give it to the titan: as a token of good will, a settlement on the deal they were coming to, but not until their discussions were done. Halfling, too close to the derogatory uttered by the wolves of Quicksilver Hollow. As it had as a child, it worked it's way under his skin and Arturo realized that for as far as he had came in the Hollow it meant little in the here and now. His desire to start anew and rebuild his empire from the ground up, out of Boadicea's shadow meant that he would have to start everything over. Including, to build up the fear and awe to keep them from calling him derogatory names such as “halfling” and it's equivalents. The advantage was that Arturo was not the brash and reckless boy of his youth anymore. He'd developed a tolerance and temperance for his ire, for the most part.

“Should you and yours need it, my wolves, will answer the call to arms,” Arturo reiterated, with a sage nod of agreement. It wasn't an unfair deal: so long as they both expected it of one another and understood what it meant if they did not hold to their end of the bargain. They had yet to work those specifics out but part of Arturo suspected they didn't need to. “Respect. Our wolves will respect one another's authority under all circumstances: whether it's a call to arms or just a friendly visit.” Arturo was all about respect of authority, though primarily his own, naturally this was included to the titan, especially if they were to be...partners of sorts. It was a good term to set Arturo thought: for both of them. The last thing they needed was trouble stirred between their packs when they'd set an agreement for an alliance due to unruly members. An unruly member, in Arturo's mind, shouldn't ever come between an alliance made between leaders, and if they did then strict consequences would follow: this was how Arturo ran his gang, at least.

“The territory just north of here, Two Rivers Isle. I've got my eye on it. It's not too far from the shore,” A few vast territories stood between them, but whether he claimed it or not depended upon if the territories around it went before he could make his claim official. “but I don't particularly want anyone on my doorstep, so I'm going to keep scouting, keep my options open. Regardless, I will claim a territory somewhere in these Hinterlands.” Arturo had taken a liking to them and did not deign nor much care to venture out of them. As of the moment: he had no reason to. “Here,” The vole was presented to the titan then. “I'm a man of my word,” Arturo took a step back. Truly, the vole was a meager and unworthy thing but for now that was all he had to offer the titan. “I am Arturo. Arturo Fearghal.” Since it was important that two allies knew the other's names, at the very least.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
feel like i don't even know me - by Arturo - May 12, 2016, 05:03 PM
RE: feel like i don't even know me - by Skellige - May 14, 2016, 08:54 PM
RE: feel like i don't even know me - by Arturo - May 15, 2016, 06:45 AM
RE: feel like i don't even know me - by Skellige - May 20, 2016, 01:29 AM
RE: feel like i don't even know me - by Arturo - May 20, 2016, 04:45 PM
RE: feel like i don't even know me - by Skellige - May 22, 2016, 12:03 AM
RE: feel like i don't even know me - by Arturo - May 22, 2016, 05:32 AM
RE: feel like i don't even know me - by Skellige - May 31, 2016, 02:49 PM