Cedar Sweep runic
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
The female's gaze was intense, burning, but Asherah did not feel uncomfortable under it. In fact, she found it was comforting. She felt the warmth was like that of an embrace, the intensity only seemed full of longing to change the sadness in Asherah's soul. The other female grew closer to Asherah at the quiet, desperate, question. Her ears fell back gently, their eyes remained locked. The other reached her muzzle out and gently touched Asherah's shoulder. Asherah's ears turned back, lay flat along her head, sadness creasing her face. The female's voice was soft and warm, full of confidence in Asherah's ear. It was like the whisper of a friend, of a mother. Asherah could feel the compassion in the other's voice to the very depths of her soul.

The female was true in that they appeared to be of the same breed, by whatever miracle that had happened. She nodded slowly, for this was true. They were the same and they were bonded over this, their color, their size. Asherah shivered slightly as the other spoke of her God looking down upon them, upon Asherah herself. 

Could it be true? Could she have come to this specific place for a reason? She knew not why her family had been taken from her...but could it be because she had not yet accepted this God into her life? Would he have protect her and her parents? Had he already done so in some way but been unable to fully change what had happened? What were the odds of coming to this stream from any of the others and that this specific female would find her here? A female so alike in breed and color to her self and her family? Asherah's mouth became dry and she swallowed thickly, for a moment her jaws opened and closed soundlessly. She still had never left the gaze of the other female, the one who offered to save her from the ocean of despair she was drowning in.

She was ripe for the picking as far as those looking to convert were concerned. Her soul was battered and bruised, she was without family or friend. She was, in all senses of the word, lost. And here was someone offering not only a light, but a sun. A family. The answers to all her pain and hurting. To cast away the offer was to seemingly cast away life. Asherah was not far from death should she be left alone, her could not stand much more. 

She knew in that moment she needed this female, her religion, her pack. She needed this God to lay his hand upon her and heal her, to make her complete. Words came from her dry throat in a whisper, faltering but true. "I...I will. Tell me more of your God, teach me his ways. I will come into your fold and worship him if he will only heal my pain and make me whole and unafraid once more. Will.. will he take me, broken as I am?" She rose to her paws, feeling the hope growing within her. This was her chance for a family and a purpose. She dipped her head to the other. "If it was he who lead you here...he must want me... want to fix me. I will be his, I will be yours." In this decision she felt a clarity, a sudden lack of fear. Something about this red woman was calming, she trust her. Perhaps this God had been with her all along, just without the means to speak to her.

Messages In This Thread
runic - by Eshamun - June 23, 2016, 09:42 PM
RE: runic - by Asherah - June 23, 2016, 09:53 PM
RE: runic - by Eshamun - June 23, 2016, 10:26 PM
RE: runic - by Asherah - June 24, 2016, 08:53 AM
RE: runic - by Eshamun - June 24, 2016, 01:44 PM
RE: runic - by Asherah - June 24, 2016, 09:45 PM
RE: runic - by Eshamun - June 26, 2016, 10:29 PM
RE: runic - by Asherah - June 26, 2016, 10:56 PM
RE: runic - by Eshamun - June 27, 2016, 04:21 PM
RE: runic - by Asherah - June 27, 2016, 07:26 PM
RE: runic - by Eshamun - July 02, 2016, 08:12 PM