Silvertip Mountain the earth spins and the moon goes round
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
To give herself a name. The solution offered little comfort, for the only name she wanted was the one she already bore. The one her parents had chosen for her, when she had been a pup and they had been a family and times had been gentle and soft. There was betrayal in the thought of abandoning her name. It was all she had left of her mother and father, and all she had left of herself. And yet...

A deep thoughtfulness fell over the girl, and her gaze drifted skyward. Perhaps she could still be Nanook - not blatantly so, but hidden with the new name she chose. Her eyes flicked from star to star, until finally she moved her lips in a semblance of a whisper, silent at first to feel out the word on her tongue. It felt strange and foreign to her, like someone she was not, but there remained a thing of comfort buried in it that Nanook couldn't explain. And so she added voice to the movement of her mouth, so the woman could hear her decision and Nanook could hear it herself. "Polaris." For her parents had once told her she had been named after a bear as white as untouched snow, and she would stay Nanook in this.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
the earth spins and the moon goes round - by Nanook - June 20, 2016, 09:38 PM
RE: the earth spins and the moon goes round - by Nanook - June 26, 2016, 11:48 PM