Moonspear This time
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon had no idea of any allegations made against him, didn't even know that Harley had returned to see him mate with Althaia. He looked at Amekaze, could see her thinking and weighing the value of his words. It wasn't hard for him to believe his own lie, for he had always been prone to twisting the details when it worked in his favour. From garnering attention over his tragic life as a child to this.

Truthfully, he considered the option that Althaia carried his children, and he wanted to meet them, to see if any of them were his -- but he was no fool. He knew that it was better to play his cards on one table, and there was no choice at all in this matter: he had never even intended to claim Althaia, and even if things were rough between him and Ame (and, in a way, that made him feel like he had deserved to do what he did; she was his slave, after all), he wanted her. If nothing else, all the strife they had gone through and the pain of what happened made him realise that he loved her.

Amekaze was quick to turn the blame towards Althaia. "You're right. I thought I could trust her on her word, but we should have just eaten her the day we found her." He wrinkled his nose in distaste, but soon he was distracted by another thing altogether. Luckily, he'd learned from young age to conceal any form of feeling caught -- the only thing that showed on his face was how indignant and outraged he was by this allegation (which, it helped, he was). "That little fucker! What the fuck would even possess him to accuse me of such a ridiculous thing?! Sounds to me like he was trying to set you up against me to conceal his own sordid deeds." It made sense, all the puzzle pieces were falling together. She hadn't been there, nobody'd been there, so no one could ever prove a thing against him. It wasn't that he enjoyed lying, but it was better than the truth at the moment and, better yet, very plausible.
Messages In This Thread
This time - by Charon - July 17, 2016, 03:03 AM
RE: This time - by Amekaze - July 17, 2016, 03:24 AM
RE: This time - by Charon - July 17, 2016, 03:28 AM
RE: This time - by Amekaze - July 17, 2016, 03:50 AM
RE: This time - by Charon - July 17, 2016, 03:55 AM
RE: This time - by Amekaze - July 17, 2016, 04:43 AM
RE: This time - by Charon - July 17, 2016, 05:29 AM
RE: This time - by Amekaze - July 17, 2016, 02:43 PM
RE: This time - by Charon - July 17, 2016, 03:08 PM
RE: This time - by Amekaze - July 17, 2016, 03:59 PM
RE: This time - by Charon - July 17, 2016, 04:17 PM