Sleepy Fox Hollow i am going to cover myself with ashes of you and nobody's gonna give a damn
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The demand issued had been listened to, the male having taken several steps back of his own. Still, she didn't trust him, rocking back and forth between staying and leaving. With the distance that separated them having been adjusted, she'd felt comfortable with slipping away. Within her mind she'd viewed the choice as a simple solution, assuming that her smaller mass might move at a quicker rate than his larger one. Yet, it remained only as an assumption that had influenced her opinion, and so she'd been made skeptical once again. There had to be a way to gauge his reaction time, but none of the traditional methods were considered acceptable. They were risky, playing against her usual way of acting and dismissing her childhood teachings—which was something that she hadn't planned on doing.

Following her command, he'd chosen to make a request of his own—have Asterr make the male hers. She couldn't come up with a way to respond to his words, and so had remained silent throughout the rest of his speakings. The girl could admit that he had a point, though it made her heart twinge to do so. After what she'd witnessed back on the ridge, she felt almost certain that she truly had no one to call her own, as the one she'd thought so highly of was surely gone. Her family existed still, but she knew the differences between the meanings enough to know that they could not fill every section of her life. And following her realization had come his claim of loyalty, but not to her tribe. It was her that he'd devote himself to, and while she didn't quite know how that made her feel, she knew that it was something she wanted. A being that would listen to her better than the current souls of her home, better than Jolon. It was that desire that had inspired her answer, too, for she wanted nothing more than to have at least one male around that could be relied upon without any doubt.

"I will accept your offer," the dragoness stated. "You may come with me, but if ever you break your word, I will rid my home of you without any hesitation." Even if it was not to the land that his loyalty could be offered, she'd seen no problem with allowing for him to join them. For once, she wished to be selfish, taking something for herself rather than for her tribe.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
RE: i am going to cover myself with ashes of you and nobody's gonna give a damn - by Asterr - July 21, 2016, 11:50 AM