Hushed Willows I don't know. I'm just making this up as I go along!
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
every time i see stark's title, that part of the movie plays for me. i loved that scene (and the ones thereafter, especially with the kid!!) so much -- "that could be the name of my autobiography" -- lmao.

Lasher's name may as well have sucked all the oxygen out of the air for a moment. He was thankful that his own reaction was contained, his stoicism left intact long enough for them to brush past it. But it was another distraction adding into the growing pile of distractions that were there. Mordecai knew nothing at all about Donnelaith other than what Stark just supplied him, but the pieces were falling in as far as what he could add to it. Hadn't it been mentioned before? Larkspur's friend that he hadn't meant?

He throttled the rush of wonders that tempted his curiosity to ask more; he had to focus. There was more to think about than what Lasher was doing out by the shore, especially, or at least presumably, with another pack. He stumbled through the continuation of their conversation, doting more on the keywords that jumped at to him. Mordecai needed to fill in the blanks, and did so.

"I wouldn't expect you to," he murmured at first, almost absent. "But the one place I can think of where he may end up, if, when he gets there, is the Hollow," and without consideration to finish, "our home." Even in the span of time that his family had resided within the Keep, it was hardly home. Harlyn had tried, but it was evident in the way the remnants of their pack had abandoned them (though in reality, they had not, he could not avoid the sensation creeping in), and the way his children felt.

"But if he retraced the way we came to here, he's out there and not on a direct route."

They hadn't exactly taken the path of least resistance anyway — Warbone had stumbled across them.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread