Hushed Willows I don't know. I'm just making this up as I go along!
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
His relevation to Stark must have been a sword that jabbed down deep; he heard the growl, the hiss of words, but did not hear a note of disbelief echoing in the statements that came to follow afterward. Could it have been that even Tavi's second-in-command had his doubts? It was apparent now that he was acting as their sole leader with Harlyn otherwise laid up. Yet he apologized again and whether or not it was more out of his own sympathy or pain or simply trying to apologize on Tavi's behalf Mordecai did not bother to ascertain.

His own thoughts were muddied and locked so deep in a mire that dwelling on much more than his present objective would have made it all go circular. It was a drain to a rabbit hole of other unpleasantry that he didn't dare circle or follow. Not yet, anyway, as nothing had pushed him so far that he delved down into his own despair and bemoaned because he was beside himself. No, his steps and direction were as determined as the words he found himself speaking.

"Something needs to," and whether or not he would find himself reaching after anything was about as up in the air as everything else. He had no desire to find himself in some higher echelon of ranks. Mordecai was just as apt to package his broken family up and take them back to the Hollow as he was anything else, at least that was the thought he had entertained in rest. But he did not seek to make enemies out of the aid he found himself receiving, and lingered to accept what help he could get while it was there.

He was tempted to ask Stark what he planned to do about all of it, but didn't.

this is rambly because i am full of go-go to write for mordecai hnnngggh
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread