Sun Mote Copse unconditionally from me to you, I pass this love on to you
205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
first and last post from me! <3
[table width=55%][tr][td]
giana's voice lifted to the heavens, and the ekar-aji left her den to answer the call. the scent of birth was upon the air, and for a long moment, eshamun merely breathed it, transported to the tender moments of her own children's birth, before molech took them from her. and so she was silent, standing in the snow as she turned her viridian eyes upon giana's den, where undoubtedly another child waited to be sacrificed to molech.
it was with a heavy heart that eshamun came to the denmouth and gave a gentle chuff to announce her presence, before moving into the fragrant darkness as she had at asherah's shelter. as her eyes adjusted to the light, she saw the beautiful children gathered beside giana, save for one, and the canaanite knew instinctively that this was the chosen one.
"blessed giana," eshamun whispered, leaning forward to kiss the baakar's warm brow. "new life." it was then and only then that the ekar-aji let her gaze descend to the children; she nosed over them gently, not quite touching their tiny bodies, until she reached the one set aside from its siblings.
with a glance to giana to assure herself that this was the one, eshamun lifted the small body between her jaws and left backward from the den. she turned into the blinding light reflecting from the snow; it stung her eyes with a welter of tears, but her emotions had already clawed at her heart, and even as she descended to the river, scraped a hole in its ice, and gave the boy to molech through the watery depths as had been done with her babes; even as she buried giana's child at the shrine near her own, eshamun cried aloud, great racking sobs, and knew she could no longer be the one to return the children to molech, nor lead the malkaria.[/tr][/td][/table]

[Image: animated-flame.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: unconditionally from me to you, I pass this love on to you - by Eshamun - December 27, 2016, 07:49 PM