Cedar Sweep i set myself on fire
11 Posts
Ooc — JB
[table width=65%][tr][td]
Nootka prided herself in being attuned to her environment. It did not matter where she was, she could understand the whispering within the trees, the tone of the sea upon the shore, the bleating of animals. She knew at which distance to follow a bear; similarly, to abandon all hope of finding a meal if there was a drift of old pigs in the area.
What Nootka did not understand, was this new place — its people specifically.
She had found signs of tribes throughout. The call upon the wind from a day ago was a good indicator. The occasional carcass picked clean. It seemed strange to her that these tribes would linger in one set place their whole lives — the scents were collectively placed, as if they did not roam far from their limits.

Thinking of this, and wandering as she did, Nootka became distracted. She did not notice the stranger until it was too late

— for they burst in to Nootka's periphery so suddenly that there was no time to react. The stranger's rangy body collided with Nootka's athletic one; they were a tangle of limbs for a moment, cream and red, until hitting the snow.
The wind hadn't quite been knocked from her lungs, but she was dizzy. Her head had connected (with a nice crack) upon a patch of black ice. The world swam around her, spun, and Nootka wondered if she was about to fall asleep — but she held on to her mind, to the pain in her body, and stumbled to her paws with a glower.
[/tr][/td][/table]
Messages In This Thread
i set myself on fire - by Nootka - February 09, 2017, 09:24 PM
RE: i set myself on fire - by Andronika - February 10, 2017, 08:07 PM
RE: i set myself on fire - by Nootka - February 12, 2017, 03:34 PM
RE: i set myself on fire - by Andronika - February 12, 2017, 04:35 PM