if i had a heart
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

Ragnar was apathetic when it came to wolves outside of Horizon Ridge of his own family. He had no reason to feel even the slightest concern for them and so he didn’t. It was also why he was not a overly huge advocate of alliances unless they proved to be purely beneficial — which they usually weren’t. Besides, if push came to shove on the front of “false alliances” he would put the welfare of his pack before the welfare of another’s which would potentially lead to said other pack’s demise. It was no chip off of the Viking’s shoulder because the less packs there were, the less compeition there was for food. The summer months when prey was bountiful was one thing, the winter was a whole other game. It was these months that Ragnar had led raids, stealing food and even wolves from pack lands, killing some but letting enough behind so they could reproduce and grow again for the next season when the Cove would resume pillaging. Ragnar didn’t make a habit of going to the same pack twice. Typically he would go to a pack and then the following winter hit a different one giving a false image of security before he would hit them again.

It was just the way of life.

Survival of the fittest; Ragnar had no qualms with doing what other men wouldn't do to ensure that he and his survived lacking that moral compass of 'right' and 'wrong' though Thistle liked to advocate differently.

“Perhaps,” Ragnar murmured to Verrine’s observation that maybe they had heard his warning and intended to heed it. Regardless, Ragnar wasn’t holding his breath and was prepared to do exactly what he had warned if they didn’t heed it. Ragnar was all bark and all bite and if they wanted to learn it the hard way, than so be it. An amused snort left the Viking’s nostrils when Verrine mentioned the woman who had met them on Sea Lion Shore that accused them of trespassing in free territory. She had been, if nothing else, a mix of annoying and amusing. “To be honest the one time I met Majesty he did not seem like he had the makings of a capable leader,” It was harsh but it was Ragnar’s personal thoughts on the matter. “My children have more maturity than I saw in him.” Of course his children were only infants and couldn’t get into any sort of real trouble, or do anything that could be remotely considered mature but Majesty had came off to Ragnar as childish and Ragnar had a hard time seeing him as a worthy advesary because of it.

Perhaps it was his own trick — of letting assumtions be made about his intelligence be made, only to move in for the kill in the most clever way that Ragnar could think of — working against him.

Messages In This Thread
if i had a heart - by Ragnar - June 09, 2014, 07:53 AM
RE: if i had a heart - by Verrine - June 09, 2014, 03:26 PM
RE: if i had a heart - by Ragnar - June 10, 2014, 08:04 AM
RE: if i had a heart - by Verrine - June 12, 2014, 01:26 AM
RE: if i had a heart - by Ragnar - June 12, 2014, 07:55 AM
RE: if i had a heart - by Verrine - June 29, 2014, 07:02 PM
RE: if i had a heart - by Ragnar - July 01, 2014, 07:26 AM
RE: if i had a heart - by Verrine - July 03, 2014, 10:28 PM
RE: if i had a heart - by Ragnar - July 05, 2014, 06:42 AM
RE: if i had a heart - by Verrine - July 07, 2014, 11:46 PM
RE: if i had a heart - by Ragnar - July 08, 2014, 10:11 AM