Blacktail Deer Plateau they grieved it on its way
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Meaty post, but the first 2 paragraphs are just Corvus being a good polite boy, lol.

Minori was next to appear on the scene, and she arrived with a plump rabbit in her jaws. When she smiled at him, he returned it warmly — not with a cheeky grin, but a soft, genuine smile. She asked Grezig what the meeting was for, and Grezig said she was waiting for more members to gather. Elixir was next, and she did a double-take upon noticing him. He grinned at the sight, and she smiled back. Oddly, she took a seat away from everyone else and cast a worried glance towards Grezig. Was Elixir involved in what Grezig was going to talk about? It was frustrating trying to catch up on the happenings of the pack, but he would have his answer soon enough.

Next came Ruenna, who tried to invite the wolfdog closer. Then came Liri, who nodded and smiled at him in a silent welcome. He respectfully dipped his head, glad to finally see the alphess again. Last to arrive was the white man he never did catch the name of. The man said nothing and paid no mind to him, so Corvus merely eyed him curiously.

It was then Grezig finally spoke. The raven listened intently to her explanation and was surprised at what he heard. Liri and Grezig had seemed so close. It concerned him that Grezig was unwilling to even go into detail about what exactly caused this rift between them. Not only that, but she suggested confronting the alphas for the full story. Whatever happened, it had to have been serious; he knew Grezig was very passionate about the pack since the beginning, having recruited many of the founding members herself — including him. She didn't earn the rank of beta for nothing. Corvus felt it was important to know what these disagreements entailed, so he made note to ask about it later.

The pale man moved to stand beside Grezig, still not uttering a word. Corvus was sure he'd never even heard his voice. Was he leaving with her? Why? Was he involved in some way? He loathed having all these pressing questions that would not immediately be answered. Corvus figured Grezig would've answered his questions, but her speech only elicited more that ate at his mind.

Minori insisted that Liri wouldn't tarnish Grezig's name, and Corvus wanted to believe that. However, he also acknowledged that it was all-too common for emotions to get in the way, twisting the truth of a story — intentionally or otherwise. Perhaps he'd ask multiple members for their take on the situation.

He figured now was as good a time to speak as ever, so he did. I regret not spending more time with you, Grezig. While I don't fully understand what I've missed, I respect your decision to leave. You were a fine beta. I hope we meet again someday. If we do, I want a rematch... good warrior. Corvus grinned then, but it was bittersweet in flavor.
I cannot be killed by dogs. It takes a man to kill a monster.

Romanian | English
Messages In This Thread
they grieved it on its way - by RIP Grezig - November 12, 2018, 04:06 PM
RE: they grieved it on its way - by RIP Kavik - November 12, 2018, 05:13 PM
RE: they grieved it on its way - by Corvus - November 12, 2018, 05:41 PM
RE: they grieved it on its way - by Minori - November 12, 2018, 06:38 PM
RE: they grieved it on its way - by Elixir - November 12, 2018, 07:32 PM
RE: they grieved it on its way - by Ruenna - November 13, 2018, 01:22 PM
RE: they grieved it on its way - by Síff - November 14, 2018, 07:06 AM
RE: they grieved it on its way - by Siege - November 14, 2018, 12:05 PM
RE: they grieved it on its way - by RIP Grezig - November 15, 2018, 11:48 AM
RE: they grieved it on its way - by Siege - November 15, 2018, 12:15 PM